Freycinet Lodge
Edge of the Bay Resort(Coles Bay)(Great Value!)
US$254
Picnic Island(Coles Bay)
Freycinet Villas(Coles Bay)
  • Beachfront
1,211 results
All reviewsbay restaurantnational parkspa cabinwineglass bayseafood plattermain restaurantbuffet breakfasthoneymoon bayrichardson's beachwalking trailsbeautiful locationopen firewater viewreception arealarge bathroommusic playingcradle mountain
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have just had two nights here and arrived latish on Sunday night, and were greeted with soft relaxing music, and dim lights in our cabin. Started relaxing immediately, as no tv either!
But yesterday morning the ambience changed in the main lodge when painters had moved in with ladders etc., drop sheets everywhere and areas cordened off--- so no tv/games room, or bar and we had to eat where we'd had lunch in the bistro in the evening---no atmosphere with bright lights and noisy floor boards---loud with kids etc. we'd had such a quiet and enjoyable meal the night before. Some things not on menu and we weren't told when we sat down. We thought we'd take our wine, after dinner up to fire side sofas, but taken with kids or had to sit in more bright lights! Quite a strong paint smell also, so had to leave, and glad not there this week, as no compensation, warning or apology!! We may have changed our dates if we'd known. It kind of ruined our last night in Tassie.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
FreycinetLodge, General Manager at Freycinet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay. While I'm delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, I do apologise that our renovations adversely affected your last night at Freycinet.

We did attempt to personally contact all guests who would be staying in the property, and I apologise that we were unable to contact you before your stay to notify you of the wortk being undertaken. We understand the inconvenience this has caused our guests, and again, I sincerely apologise.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Loved the comfy cabins in the Freycinet National park. Ours had beautiful views of the bush and the sea glistening in the distance. Careful positioning means from your bed or balcony you can see no other cabins.
The restaurant offers top class fare showcasing Local Tasmanian produce. Wonderful seafood platter one night, superb Cape Grim steak the next.
Don't forget to try a Tasmanian wine tasting presentation.
Hope that next time we come the Wineglass to Wineglass bushwalk and gourmet lunch as well as the cruise to the oyster lease will both be back on the activities list.
Bush walks are spectacular and offer a range of challenges to suit all.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
FreycinetLodge, General Manager at Freycinet Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thanks for taking the time to pass on some feedback about our property, I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Freycinet Lodge. In particular I'm delighted to hear that our restaurant met with your approval, and I'll definitely pass your kind comments on to the chef and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Very restful and serene location. The views were great and quite inspiring. We took a couple of the easier walks which made for pleasant light exercise. A thoroughly enjoyable stay. The restaurant was elegant and offered tasteful and tasty choices.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our property. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and will pass your compliments on to the team at the restaurant.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Loved my cabin. Had a great view over Coles bay. Comfortable bed, nice shower and great window seat to catch up on reading with a view. Also a wallaby was outside the cabin along with a possum in the evening. Lots of birds. If you want to get away, go for walks and come back to comfort and good food this is the place for you. Would recommend getting a package deal with dinner. ( I didn't and wish I had) The restaurant is well presented fresh seasonal interesting food. Very good friendly efficient service from check in, the restaurant, the lady at breakfast and the man who cleans the windows. This place is on my return list.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thanks so much for your kind review, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I'm particularly pleased to hear that you were happy with the customer service provided by our staff, and I'll definitely pass on your kind remarks to our team.

We'd be more than delighted to welcome you back if you ever decide to return to the area.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

we stayed at the Freycinet lodge recently. The cabin was perfect with beautiful views, It was like living in another world. we loved it. It is just a pity that when we went to the bistro for lunch that day,and to breakfast the following morning we were "greeted" by an extremely rude waitress,who appeared to be a head waitress. Perhaps she was just having a bad day. Anyway,the receptionist on the other hand was a lovely polite lady who couldn't do enough for us,was very helpful with information,and with a big smile. While i highly recommend staying at the Freycinet lodge itself,i won't be recommending the bistro in any hurry to anyone.

Room Tip: make sure its a cabin with a view. its amazing
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. While I'm delighted to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay, I am very concerned to hear of your negative experiences with the service provided by a member of our staff. We take all our visitors' responses seriously and I want to assure you that we will be taking action on your comments and looking to improve the service delivery in our Bistro as an immediate priority.

Once again thank you for your feedback.