“Really fresh and cheap seafood”

Freycinet Marine Farm
Book In Advance
More Info
US$93.24*
and up
Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park Active Day Trip from Hobart
Ranked #8 of 12 things to do in Coles Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Freycinet marine farm is a Oyster and Mussel farm located on the Freycinet peninsula. As part of their farm they have a farm gate produce stall where they sell their Oysters and Mussels freshly harvested. They also sell Local Rock lobster, Scallops, Abalone and Local wine and Beer. They have a simple hot food menu to eat on there picnic tables.They are open daily 9-5pm and Finish cooking at 4.30pm daily. You can buy fresh seafood to take away or eat on the deck.In winter June, July and August we are open 10-4pm daily.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I first tasted oysters in Tasmania more than 11 years ago. Till now I still describe it to my friends and family as "You can taste the sea in the oysters".

I found Freycinet Marine Farm online as I was planning for my honeymoon in Tasmania in Feb this year. After my husband tried the oysters, he finally understood what i meant about being able to taste sea in the oysters and why i said there is no need for any lemon or added sauce to the fresh oysters because they are best tasted neat!

I highly recommend all seafood lover to stop by this place if you are in Tasmania! Apart from really fresh and cheap seafood, you are just a short distance away from many walks of the Freycinet National Park.

This place is run by a group of ladies, we are very professional and good at what they do. The place welcomes you with cheery sunflowers and crushed shellfish shells as the pavement leading into the shop and the eating area.

A dozen of oysters, shucked on the stop is $15
A kg of mussels steamed with lemon is $15, if you buy them raw, they cost $10
Pan fried abalone with lemon butter and bread roll is $25.
250g of scallops with roe is $11

All seafood that we tasted was so fresh and sweet! We came here for lunch after our walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout! It was definitely the best reward for seafood lovers.

3  Thank YannYng
There are newer reviews for Freycinet Marine Farm

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I bought oysters and mussels to take back to our vacation rental and had a feast! As fresh as it gets; a must for seafood lovers.

1  Thank Caroline D
Reviewed 21 February 2014

If you like your oysters this is the place. Shucked, Kilpatrick,steamed with a little ginger and soy; they taste like the water they came from, there is also a lovely glass of wine or beer. Do not drive past.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We picked up fresh seafood from here twice. Highly recommend the oysters, scallops, lobster & salmon. The staff are friendly & helpful

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Sadly put, this is not one of the places where you get best produce just because they are growing it. I had half a dozen oysters and ALL 6 were bad. Small in size and it was not plump nor briny in taste. Am not expecting jumbo oysters for the price I paid but it was not decent.

It is a shack like some people described but it is clean. However, not all seats have got sun umbrellas so it can get hot.

2  Thank graciepapa