“An absolute Haven”
Review of Red Feather Inn

Red Feather Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hadspen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I recently spent three nights at this delightful Inn. We shared this with our friends from Melbourne who had an equally indulgent time. We booked the Library and Garden Suites and they were perfect, right down to the lavender infused bath salts.
We arrived on Saturday afternoon after a leisurely drive from Hobart to enjoy a Christmas in July dinner in the Stables - superb both in dining experience and ambiance.
I could easily have spent five nights, because we did not get enough time to just kick back and enjoy the well appointed sitting areas but we will certainly be back. The continental breakfasts consisted of muesli, juices, yoghurt, and sourdough bread - tea or coffee. Then out came the fruit muffins and croissants.
Theresa greeted us on arrival and was there each morning for breakfast, indulging us with cappuccino's and elegantly served tea. Lydia [the owner] visited and made a point of welcoming us on our first morning.
We are so glad that we stayed at home and introduced both our friends and ourselves to such a gem.

Thank you for making our stay just perfect...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank serapina

Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night on the way to Cradle Mountain and I'm so glad we did! Lydia the owner met us and she was so delightful and warm and welcoming. The property is quite simply stunning, very clean, very beautiful and very, very comfortable. Lydia showed us to our beautiful large and well appointed room and arranged for Louis (chef) to make us a welcoming cup of tea and a chat in the cosy dining room.... all part of the 5 star service. We really can't fault this property and can't wait to return with family and freinds. Next time we visit we will endeavour to join the cooking classes run by Louis and his wife. Also looking forward to Theresa excellent breakfasts! Not simply an overnight stay but a genuine Tasmanian experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rosietas
Reviewed 25 December 2012

I had a lovely stay here with my dad on a quick visit to Tasmania. beautiful building very nicely renovated. Lovely grounds, nice restaurant. My only problem was that as we were in the Garden Suite and I was sleeping on the fold out bed in the living area. It was very noisy as it was attached to the restaurant. it wouldn't be an issue for people just using the bedroom as my dad never heard any noise. it wouldn't be an issue for people who stay up to a normal hour either- I was particularly tired so went to be early.
beautiful bathroom and kitchenette,, reasonable breakfast basket provided to make ones own lunch.
Didn't go much on Hadspen itself - but the Red Feather is beautiful and great for a night away.

Room Tip: The Garden suite had a fold out sofa in the downstairs living room so perfect for people who are not...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rosetosie
Redfeatherin1844, Manager at Red Feather Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Hi there and thanks so much for your great review. We have taken your feedback on board about the noise from the restaurant and will endeavour to ensure that it doesn't affect our guests from here on in. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon,
Lydia and the RFI team

Reviewed 13 July 2012 via mobile

Well Hadspen didn't look all that promising I must say. Perfectly lovely as a suburb/town but not so much as a holiday destination. But the Red Feather Inn is breathtakingly beautiful and atmospheric. You are transported to another world. The decor and attention to detail are outstanding. I would happliy stay here again, hopefully with 12 of my closest friends so we can do a colking class. Staff were lovely.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Thehungrymole
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The Red Feather Inn is beautiful! Full stop! The setting is gorgeous and right out of a manor house in England. The decor is meticulously presented with the highest quality products and linen. The hosts are warm and welcoming and put up with our turning up early to everything!
What a fantastic spot, just how I'd like to think I would present my guest accommodation if I had it! Highly recommend it, make sure you eat there and try the cooking school too.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This place is beautiful, the rooms spectacular, the food amazing and the hosts Ian and Tanya are just delighful, friendly, helpful and interesting people. We stayed two nights. wasn't nearly enough. Highly recommend the Red Feather Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We had an unforgettable stay at the Red Feather. First off, the inn is beautifully decorated and the property is well maintained (walk around the orchard and vegetable garden in the back to see what will be on your plate!). If I could, I would move in. Or, take the property home with me, decorations included. Visually, everything was perfect. Secondly, our hosts, Ian and Tanya, went above and beyond all expectations. They went out of their way for all the guests and could not have provided service and hospitality. Thirdly, the food was incredible and of the highest quality. On the Friday night that we were there, Ian and Tanya prepared and served us and the other guests (there were 8 of us in total, the inn was full) what can only be described as a wonderful feast. We all started out as strangers, but left as friends after our enjoyable meal (the unlimited wine, attentively poured by Ian, probably aided in this!). My mother and I had an incredible stay here. If I lived in Melbourne, I would make the Red Feather a regular weekend getaway. And don't forget to greet the two, snow white doves in the dovecote out back!

Room Tip: My mother and I shared the Red Feather room but we got to see some of the others. They are all large...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hadspen
Peppers Seaport Hotel
Clarion Hotel City Park Grand
Auldington
Auldington
#9 of 30 in Launceston

Been to Red Feather Inn? Share your experiences!