All reviews sheep shearing loaf of bread accommodation experience the cottages bbq dinner rice cooker breakfast provided deck area take photos self drive bbq facilities coffee plunger city dwellers large jacuzzi breakfast supplies relaxing stay washing machine
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is my ever first farm stay. The cottage is spacious and nicely equipped. Modernized decoration with amazing view of large piece of grassland and we stay by the lakeside. There is actual fire place that you burn wood but also equipped with electric heater just in case no one gets up in the midnight to do the fire. The place is clean and the farm owner encourages visitors to do their share of work like washing all the dishes and take good care of the kitchenware etc, which I totally agree showing respect not only to the farm, the nature, also to one own self. Last but not least, the farm tour worth all the penny! Particular when you are surrounded by 600+ sheep. I enjoy the stay a lot!

Room Tip: Only 3 cottages, you have to book very advance!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The room i stayed is seaglenest. The room is clean, spacious, and decorated in a pretty way. Perfect for anniversary or honeymoon. Although the television is not connected to TV channels, there are many DVDs and CDs for guests enjoyment during the dark night in which you can't go anywhere from the chalet.
I booked the BBQ dinner and the 2-hour farm tour. It provides us steak, home made salad, jam, home made bread, etc, all are delicious. Regarding the farm tour, it is an amazing and must-join item. Compared with my another farm experience in Philip island, the farm tour in Curringa farm is definitely much better, although it is quite expensive. We can closely watch sheep shearing, take pics with lambs one person by one person, watch working dog, forest tour.... All these are really great.
There is a jacuzzi in room which is very fancy, however, the capacity of hot water is not enough for the second person to take shower, if there us the one taking shower and filling water to the jacuzzi before. So it is not recommended to use the Jacuzzi or it needs to be careful of how much hot water has been used.
Sheeps can be found everywhere and they are very close to the chalet. Fabulous to see them always.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Curringa Farm was my best ever farm stay in Tasminia. It was too short to stay here for one night. It is a "real" farm. That means it is still operating. To me who live in city, this farm was too amazing to stay.

May be I cannot use words to fully describe the environment. Anyway, it is just like a picture with sheep, grass, river.... everything in the nature. Very beautiful and peaceful. When in the night, the sky was full of stars. We saw the milky way very clearly. Besides, some wild animals (but no harm) will be around. They are friends of the farm.

The house is a big one. Very modern and stylish. Even there are around 4 guest houses in the farm, each of the house is separated in quiet some distance. Very high privacy. Make sure to buy food to cook dinner in the fully equipped kitchen.

Joined the farm tour in extra cost of AUS$65, which is quiet expensive. Whether worth or not.....I would say the experience was unique but can be better. I like the homemade muffin the most as it was soooooooo delicious.

If I can stay here again, I will stay a few days more. Just to immerse into the nature, sleeping .....reading......cooking......do nothing but relaxing!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My partner and I booked a night here in the Seaglenest cottage. We were advised prior to our check in that there would be no one there, so we found the key at reception and made our way to the cottage. The cottage was beautifully presented and the views are amazing! We walked down to the river and had a small picnic. The only couple of things that I found that disappointed me were; The lack of wine glasses - there were two champagne flutes only, the heater on the wall was quite loud and slightly annoying to run (ruins the serenity that comes with the farm stay) and that there is no bathroom door. Even though it was only my partner and I, I still enjoy the privacy of using the bathroom with the door closed. Apart from those minor things, the stay was beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed. The provided breakfast was Beautiful and I would definitely consider going back for another night.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

What a spectacular piece of landscape. We rented a log cabin overlooking a magnificent river,surrounded by gum trees. Upon waking, I looked out to see sheep silently grazing outside my window. Its an oasis of tranquility. The cabin we had was self contained, eggs & bacon ready in the fridge for breakfast, two bedrooms, one with 3 single beds, the other with a queen bed. This is a perfect place to go away for a retreat. It does cost a little more however if its within the budget, it's totally worthy and we would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Tim P, Owner at Curringa Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hello Smithers888
Thank you so much for your review of Curringa Farm.
We have always been in two minds about the entrance to the bathroom alcove. In sure you agree that the room is nicely sized as a romantic getaway for short stay couples being open plan with large spa bath . ( Quite a few stay for multiple nights as well.) The bathroom/ toilet alcove is nicely / discretely screened with the entrance being too wide for a conventional door and we feel that a curtain would look too tacky. Placement of windows and entry of natural light was also a deciding factor. It was a real quandary and after 3.5 years of operation we have only had 2 or 3 verbal ( constructive ) comments along with your written one from several hundred guests. Thank you for your comments as new customers can now be a little bit more informed before they arrive. We welcome reviews from other stayers to determine if we really do need to make some structural changes.
As for the wine glasses I can only apologise for this oversight during our absence. If you come back to stay again you may like to consider staying in Wedgetail Wings with 2 bedrooms and separate private bathrooms with locking doors for each. On your return please make mention of this review and I'm sure we can help you out with a bottle of wine to make sure the newly replaced wineglasses work properly.
Once again thank you so much for your input.
Cheers TimP