“nice place”

Curringa Farm
Singapore
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very beautiful farm. We stayed in the 4 bedroom unit. Unit was decent. Feels homely. You can cook in the house or bbq outside. The owner gaves us complimentary breakfast basket (eggs, bread, juice, milk, bacon and jam). Unit has complimentary tea, coffee, and cereals! There is a washing machine in there so complimentary washing, all good. Bad points: no wifi, some windows are unlockable (uncomfortable for international customers used to lock and key). One bedroom door was unlockable (connects to outside), hot water is limited we were told (good luck to the last person to shower). Otherwise, great stay! I was happy with the view.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

The tour was expensive - Adults A$75 Child A$35, but to be fair, there is always a choice one can make...

We had arrived early at 9.30am (as recommended by Jane) but had skipped breakfast to make the drive from Hobart. Jane said we could catch a quick bite at a nearby cafe and be back by 10 or 10.10am. By the time we arrived back, on time at 10am, we were told that there were no more seats left in their cars (a truck and another 4WD) and we had to drive our own car around the place. I was a little peeved as I felt that we should have been told upfront about the space constraints (I had called a day ahead to check on availability).

Nevertheless, I put that aside, determined to enjoy our (last) day in beautiful Tasmania. It was an enjoyable farm tour, especially for the kids and city dwellers/urbanites like us. The only downside I felt was that, for that exorbitant price, the tour was very rushed because we had to make 4 stops in 2 hours. In particular, it was a little stressful for us trying to catch up with Tim driving very fast upfront whilst we struggled to drive through the rocky, unfamiliar (to us) and occasionally very steep terrain (we did not have a 4WD) and trying not to damage our rental car! They have a beautiful piece of land, and there was a nice serene lake. I just wished we could have had more time at each stop to enjoy the scenery etc. It was like, ok - get down, snap snap pics (for each of the different groups) and then ok move on... except for the last stop of sheep shearing and scones where we could stay in the lodge where we dined till we were done. I dunno - maybe it was just us feeling a bit frantic because of the driving the terrain and catching up... The scones and tea were a nice end though (and the scones were delicious).

In summary, except for that glitch with the self drive rush which marred things a little (so check specifically on this in advance if you want to avoid that), it was an enjoyable farm tour and farm experience. Naturally, the kids enjoyed it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank KarenWSingapore
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

If you enjoy the nature, please stay at Curringa Farm for sure!

We enjoyed staying at the farm very much! It's our first time playing with the sheep so closely. They're the most lovely animal in Tasmania! We enjoyed staying at their workshop and see how they work with the sheepssss! Highly recommended!
Tim and Jane are very nice couple, they told us a lot about the farm. The scone from Jane was delicious!
The room is very clean and spacious! The spa is super relaxing. It was our first time using heater in such a "natural" way! Tim cut the wood for us, and burn the wood into the heater by ourselves. It was fun!
All the experience we had in Curringa Farm are memorable to our trip at Tasmania! For sure, I really recommend Curringa Farm when you decide a trip at Tasmania!

Room Tip: Be remember to prepare some food before heading to the Farm, there's no supermarket nearby. Or y...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Winnie Y
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is my ever first farm stay. The cottage is spacious and nicely equipped. Modernized decoration with amazing view of large piece of grassland and we stay by the lakeside. There is actual fire place that you burn wood but also equipped with electric heater just in case no one gets up in the midnight to do the fire. The place is clean and the farm owner encourages visitors to do their share of work like washing all the dishes and take good care of the kitchenware etc, which I totally agree showing respect not only to the farm, the nature, also to one own self. Last but not least, the farm tour worth all the penny! Particular when you are surrounded by 600+ sheep. I enjoy the stay a lot!

Room Tip: Only 3 cottages, you have to book very advance!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The room i stayed is seaglenest. The room is clean, spacious, and decorated in a pretty way. Perfect for anniversary or honeymoon. Although the television is not connected to TV channels, there are many DVDs and CDs for guests enjoyment during the dark night in which you can't go anywhere from the chalet.
I booked the BBQ dinner and the 2-hour farm tour. It provides us steak, home made salad, jam, home made bread, etc, all are delicious. Regarding the farm tour, it is an amazing and must-join item. Compared with my another farm experience in Philip island, the farm tour in Curringa farm is definitely much better, although it is quite expensive. We can closely watch sheep shearing, take pics with lambs one person by one person, watch working dog, forest tour.... All these are really great.
There is a jacuzzi in room which is very fancy, however, the capacity of hot water is not enough for the second person to take shower, if there us the one taking shower and filling water to the jacuzzi before. So it is not recommended to use the Jacuzzi or it needs to be careful of how much hot water has been used.
Sheeps can be found everywhere and they are very close to the chalet. Fabulous to see them always.

• Stayed September 2013
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Curringa Farm was my best ever farm stay in Tasminia. It was too short to stay here for one night. It is a "real" farm. That means it is still operating. To me who live in city, this farm was too amazing to stay.

May be I cannot use words to fully describe the environment. Anyway, it is just like a picture with sheep, grass, river.... everything in the nature. Very beautiful and peaceful. When in the night, the sky was full of stars. We saw the milky way very clearly. Besides, some wild animals (but no harm) will be around. They are friends of the farm.

The house is a big one. Very modern and stylish. Even there are around 4 guest houses in the farm, each of the house is separated in quiet some distance. Very high privacy. Make sure to buy food to cook dinner in the fully equipped kitchen.

Joined the farm tour in extra cost of AUS$65, which is quiet expensive. Whether worth or not.....I would say the experience was unique but can be better. I like the homemade muffin the most as it was soooooooo delicious.

If I can stay here again, I will stay a few days more. Just to immerse into the nature, sleeping .....reading......cooking......do nothing but relaxing!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

My partner and I booked a night here in the Seaglenest cottage. We were advised prior to our check in that there would be no one there, so we found the key at reception and made our way to the cottage. The cottage was beautifully presented and the views are amazing! We walked down to the river and had a small picnic. The only couple of things that I found that disappointed me were; The lack of wine glasses - there were two champagne flutes only, the heater on the wall was quite loud and slightly annoying to run (ruins the serenity that comes with the farm stay) and that there is no bathroom door. Even though it was only my partner and I, I still enjoy the privacy of using the bathroom with the door closed. Apart from those minor things, the stay was beautiful and thoroughly enjoyed. The provided breakfast was Beautiful and I would definitely consider going back for another night.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
National Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ellendale
Hawthorn Lodge
Hawthorn Lodge
#1 of 1 in Bushy Park

Been to Curringa Farm? Share your experiences!