“You get what you pay for”
Review of Junction Motel

Junction Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Norfolk
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed for one night in a basic double room. The staff were very pleasant. As advertised, it was eclectic in decor. The price was good, less than any of the others places we stayed in Tasmania. But, then again, the room was smaller the other places we stayed. It was also in need of some new carpeting, which was worn and stained. The bathroom, which was very large, smelled so that we had to keep the door closed at all times. Either the walls were quite thin or the people next door were really loud as we could hear a fair amount of their conversation. We did not eat at the restaurant, much to my regret, as I overheard others raving about the buffet.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth R
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Beth, thanks for taking the time to review us here at the Junction,"getting what you pay for" is the exact marketing and price point we adopted when taking over the run down motel over 5 years ago..I wished you pointed out about the smell in the toilet we would have tried to solve or move you into another room.. we did have trouble last week with a nappy blocking the system...Hmmm could have been same night.. I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip and hope that the rest of your holiday to Australia was everything you hoped,
kind regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Enjoyed my stay here for 2 nights at this amazing motel. coming from a different hospitality establishment I find this place very warm cosy, and great pit stop to unwind and relax. The rooms are amazing and just right, the restaurant has a very welcoming ambience to it and the food is amazing.... great flavours of the oriental in this beautiful picturesque restaurant (may i suggest evening drinks on the verandah with a great view..!!!!!! )the staff very professional and the owner Tim has this motel downpat to a T. I cant fault this place at all and yes I would highly recommend staying here for a night or 2. if you haven't stayed here before then you don't know what your missing out on......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mikey F

Thanks Mikey, for your kind words. Being from the Industry it does mean a lot to us here to get the feedback. "People make the Property"

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Thank you Tim for being a very genuine open host.Thoroughly enjoyed the conversations and the welcoming down to earth vibe in the restaurant.
The professionalism and attention shown by your floor staff makes you feel that little bit special.
I agree the food is delicious and tasty as mentioned by numerous guest reviews and I love your restaurant "deco" as i felt it has a very comfortable feel and balance to it.
I had for dessert a cream puff and a lemon tart and both to me were perfect.Taste and sweetness not overdone.(delicious desserts and food so tasty)
The restaurant is a very welcoming room and i for one loved the decor and i hope others come to stay and enjoy a meal with a down to earth host with professional staff.

My room was equipped with all you need and more for a long or short stay.The Junction may be old and quirky but this means larger shower and room space and that is a good thing.My room(24) clean,warm,bed so comfortable.More here than some motels provide.
Euro? style basin in room but i found this to be a good thing also.
I finish by saying i definitely will stay here again and look forward to that day and too sample some more delicious food whilst staying in a comfortable room with great beds and great room service.
I mean no disrespect but give this place a try,leave egos at the door,enter and enjoy a great night in Tims restaurant and a restful sleep on very comfortable beds in clean rooms.

Room Tip: Room 24-you may hear a car or two early evening but not a real problem. Shower recess is roomy. Th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RudyB919

Hi Rudy, it was great having you here for the four days .Its so much fun when you have positive fun people around ... Hope that you also enjoyed your time with the Family that you have in New Norfolk, its a pretty town. Hope to see you again when next in Mainland Tassie !

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Enjoyed my trip to this motel, the owner was the best host I have ever had. Not only was he consistently helping us throughout our trip in Tassie, ( recommending many good places to visit and eat), he allowed us to have an extra room for free since the motel was not busy. 5/5 stay I would recommend everyone to give it a go!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Isaac C
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi Isaac, many thanks for your review of us at the Junction Motel...Its a pleasure to have helped you with travel advice...Im proud to have a chance to "Brag" about our beautiful Island with suggestions on where to go ,what to do and where to eat..Being a chef by trade I love my food and our amazing local produce that we use on a daily basis for our buffet -carvery. I truly hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip would love to see you again if down in these parts....
Tim

Reviewed 17 March 2014

2 couples travellling together, we found it excellent value in a great location just a short walk into town. Staying 2 nights and having read about the great value $25 per head 4 course meal , we had to give it a try. With soup, 2 entrees , main course and sweets, it was a challenge to do justice to the meal. As soon as we saw the buffet food, we quickly booked the last table available for the following night and , as a large party of locals had booked most of the restaurant for a party. many guests could not get in. Fact that the locals are regulars at this restaurant shows how popular it is. Our engaging host, Tim, quickly demonstated why his motel gets such excellent reviews with his friendly converstaion and was a mine of information about the local area. Free vouchers for WIFI were welcome. Discounts on the 2nd night were welcome. Even tough the motel is an older style, it is a bit quirky but very clean and well run. Would recommend The Junction to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank GavansGuide
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Hi Gavan...many thanks for your review of us....Yes Quirky is the "word"....We will never be accused of being sterile....so to speak. I've been here for 5 years now and were starting to see the results. I truly hope that you guys and girls enjoyed your jaunt around our beautiful Island home.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I enjoyed my stay there. We had a cozy standard room, wich was a bit small, but still comfortable and nicely decorated. Everything was very clean and worked well. Comfy bed, quiet at night. Friendly host. Restaurant/buffet on site offered pretty nice food. Good location close to national park. The only compliant was slow wi-fi. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank double_yuu
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi Double-Yuu...many thanks for your review of us at the The Junction Motel, we appreciate for positive comments and knowing were heading in the right direction in what myself and my fantastic staff are doing. I really hope that you enjoyed for Tassie adventure and try to find the time in the future to come back on down and discover the parts that you missed this time. Once again many thanks
tim last

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The location of the motel is good for touring around Tasmania. We had a nice view of the mountains and the room was clean and comfortable. The shower was over the bath tub, next to the toilet. The hand basin was outside the bathroom in a small dressing area, which was separate from the bedroom. The evening buffet served Monday to Friday was excellent value at $25. if you could do the huge amount of food justice! We paid full price for the room for a week. We were not aware that if you extended your stay you received an increasing discount starting at 10% up to 50% per night for the extra nights. This, of course, would depend if the room was available. Also a discount is available if you book through the owner's website. The motel was very busy with visitors staying for one or two nights, I think we were the only ones staying for longer. WiFi was available in the main buildings, and probably if you had a room near there. We couldn't get WiFi in our room, but we were given vouchers for free WiFi which lasted for an hour at a time. A bit of a nuisance, when we had two phones and an iPad, we needed a voucher for each one. Other than that mild irritation we had no complaints!

Room Tip: The rooms on higher floor have the view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Hi Chrissie, many thanks for your review of as at the Junction Motel. We enjoyed having you here for the week , although didn't see much of you two as you were out discovering Southern Tassie most of the time. Yes I was disappointed in not being able to discount you for you week long stay , but booking through Bookings.com they take 12% and since you booked seven days through them I couldn't do much after Australia's hidden GST charges. that's why I upgraded you to as queen room hoping that would suit you better for your stay. The Wi-Fi is a pain....But were should have that fixed soon so you don't have to login first. Once again many thanks for reviewing us at the Junction and Hopefully the rest of your Aussie adventure was something you remember.
Cheers

#10 of 12 in New Norfolk
Rosie's Inn
Rosie's Inn
#2 of 12 in New Norfolk

Been to Junction Motel? Share your experiences!