“One of best motels during our trip to Tasmania”
Review of Junction Motel

Junction Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Norfolk
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I really liked this motel - had everything, very comfortable bed, great heating (very important on cold nights), and an excellent shower. We also had breakfast which came at our nominated time. Unfortunately we couldn't have dinner in the restaurant (closed on weekends), but the town centre is only a few kilometres away. The staff were very friendly and helpful, which is Important, especially if you are a first-time traveller to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hal470709
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Many thanks Lynne for your review of us at the Junction...yes they are great beds, we have many comments on them.. I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip and that we might see you again on your next adventure to the Island on the bottom of the earth!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there on two occasions for four nights over two weeks. First stay was in a large single room with double bed- had everything I wanted. $85 a night. Peaceful, close enough to everything you could walk there. Owners / reception nice and friendly. Felt at home. Heaters were awesome. Second stay was a bigger 2 bed room unit with own kitchen and big living areas, big tv, nice bathroom even a nice entry. Plenty of blankets. $125 p/n. Room 18. Was like a house.
Compared to a caravan park near Mona that wanted $116 p/n for a 'deluxe' cabin with a tiny blower heater and extra $6 per person for for blankets and linen - value for money at the Junction for sure!
I'd recommend and happily stay there again. The buildings are older than some more pricey places but to be honest I liked it. It reminded me of the places you see on a tv show when your 'hiding out', which was exactly what I was doing- getting away from the in laws!! . Thank you Tim and crew for an enjoyable stay :)

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Mickss
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hey Mick, hideaway I like that ! It does remind me of that too ....apart from I cant hideaway ! Glad that you enjoyed your time with us on both occasions. Once again many thanks for your review of us at the Junction Motel.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at the Junction Motel for 3 nights over Easter in a double room with an extra bed for our 8 year old. It was a perfect place to stay to visit the MONA art museum which is a very easy 15 minute drive back towards Hobart. The rooms are classic motel but with a good size bathroom.
We had dinner the first night at the motel restaurant which has a truly extraordinary feel about it. Somewhere between Javanese 1930s stye and Twin Peaks. Delicious food and hearty serves. Fantastic!
Tim the manager is very knowledgeable about Tasmania and an excellent host. Loved too the small fresh bottle of unhomoginised milk on arrival and with the breakfast.
A great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert H
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thanks Robert for your review of us..we were well pleased that you and your family enjoyed your little stay with us... its always great to host appreciative guests. Hopefully see you again when your next checking out the new exhibition at MONA.
cheers and thanks again
Tim

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed for one night in a basic double room. The staff were very pleasant. As advertised, it was eclectic in decor. The price was good, less than any of the others places we stayed in Tasmania. But, then again, the room was smaller the other places we stayed. It was also in need of some new carpeting, which was worn and stained. The bathroom, which was very large, smelled so that we had to keep the door closed at all times. Either the walls were quite thin or the people next door were really loud as we could hear a fair amount of their conversation. We did not eat at the restaurant, much to my regret, as I overheard others raving about the buffet.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Beth R
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Beth, thanks for taking the time to review us here at the Junction,"getting what you pay for" is the exact marketing and price point we adopted when taking over the run down motel over 5 years ago..I wished you pointed out about the smell in the toilet we would have tried to solve or move you into another room.. we did have trouble last week with a nappy blocking the system...Hmmm could have been same night.. I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip and hope that the rest of your holiday to Australia was everything you hoped,
kind regards

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Enjoyed my stay here for 2 nights at this amazing motel. coming from a different hospitality establishment I find this place very warm cosy, and great pit stop to unwind and relax. The rooms are amazing and just right, the restaurant has a very welcoming ambience to it and the food is amazing.... great flavours of the oriental in this beautiful picturesque restaurant (may i suggest evening drinks on the verandah with a great view..!!!!!! )the staff very professional and the owner Tim has this motel downpat to a T. I cant fault this place at all and yes I would highly recommend staying here for a night or 2. if you haven't stayed here before then you don't know what your missing out on......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mikey F

Thanks Mikey, for your kind words. Being from the Industry it does mean a lot to us here to get the feedback. "People make the Property"

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Thank you Tim for being a very genuine open host.Thoroughly enjoyed the conversations and the welcoming down to earth vibe in the restaurant.
The professionalism and attention shown by your floor staff makes you feel that little bit special.
I agree the food is delicious and tasty as mentioned by numerous guest reviews and I love your restaurant "deco" as i felt it has a very comfortable feel and balance to it.
I had for dessert a cream puff and a lemon tart and both to me were perfect.Taste and sweetness not overdone.(delicious desserts and food so tasty)
The restaurant is a very welcoming room and i for one loved the decor and i hope others come to stay and enjoy a meal with a down to earth host with professional staff.

My room was equipped with all you need and more for a long or short stay.The Junction may be old and quirky but this means larger shower and room space and that is a good thing.My room(24) clean,warm,bed so comfortable.More here than some motels provide.
Euro? style basin in room but i found this to be a good thing also.
I finish by saying i definitely will stay here again and look forward to that day and too sample some more delicious food whilst staying in a comfortable room with great beds and great room service.
I mean no disrespect but give this place a try,leave egos at the door,enter and enjoy a great night in Tims restaurant and a restful sleep on very comfortable beds in clean rooms.

Room Tip: Room 24-you may hear a car or two early evening but not a real problem. Shower recess is roomy. Th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank RudyB919

Hi Rudy, it was great having you here for the four days .Its so much fun when you have positive fun people around ... Hope that you also enjoyed your time with the Family that you have in New Norfolk, its a pretty town. Hope to see you again when next in Mainland Tassie !

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Enjoyed my trip to this motel, the owner was the best host I have ever had. Not only was he consistently helping us throughout our trip in Tassie, ( recommending many good places to visit and eat), he allowed us to have an extra room for free since the motel was not busy. 5/5 stay I would recommend everyone to give it a go!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Isaac C
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi Isaac, many thanks for your review of us at the Junction Motel...Its a pleasure to have helped you with travel advice...Im proud to have a chance to "Brag" about our beautiful Island with suggestions on where to go ,what to do and where to eat..Being a chef by trade I love my food and our amazing local produce that we use on a daily basis for our buffet -carvery. I truly hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip would love to see you again if down in these parts....
Tim

Riverfront Motel & Villas
Rosie's Inn
Rosie's Inn
#2 of 12 in New Norfolk

Been to Junction Motel? Share your experiences!