“Loving the hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Norfolk
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Loving the hospitality”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for 1 night on our trip around Tasmania and found that we were very happy to come back there a week later and stayed a further 2 nights...Tim Last ( I believe the propietor) was very friendly and informative about the attractions and history of the area and the outside appearance of the Motel was very clean and well kept. The rooms were of a reasonable size with an extremely comfortable bed, lounge and small table to sit at to watch T.V and well decorated with a few little luxuries to make the place more homey... we offered to pay on check in and he said "nah fix me up in the morning" which we found unusual and very trusting... $80 for the first night and 10% less for each night thereafter.... would be very happy to go back there again and I highly recommend there to everyone...

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms were excellent... beautiful views overlooking the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Jan, many thanks for taking the time to review us at the Junction. Were so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip. We pride ourselves on trying to give the best service and product at a realistic price. Once again many thanks for your review and see you next time you wander down south..
Tim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Indonesian first
Derby
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked into this motel without having inspected the rooms, which can always be a bit of a gamble. From the moment of booking to our arrival, the staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. This motel also offers a discount for concession card holders, as well as great discounts if you choose to extend your stay, which is excellent, as there are many areas of interest within a days drive. We had some minor issues regarding the cleanliness of the room, as unbeknowns to us, this motel is also a pet friendly, and there were some very sticky dog hairs on the carpet, which we all know can be difficult to vacuum up. Anyway, this was quickly, efficiently and courtiously resolved, and when we returned to our room later that day it had been thoroughly cleaned and deodorised, smelling very fresh and was a pleasure to walk into. Perhaps the only negative is that being a courtyard configuration, sound really travels, and noises seem to be amplified. In our case as well, the restaurant was closed, but there are plenty of places to eat in New Norfolk town centre, a very short distance away. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone wanting to visit this area, and see some of the attractions, particularly the old "mental asylum", which is an interesting and haunting place to visit. It is currently undergoing refurbishment and is fenced off, but is still worth a look.

Room Tip: The refurbished queen rooms are worth a look.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kaywol
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Many Thanks Kaywol for your review of us at the Junction Motel, Having just got back from my little holiday it was great to see that my staff did me proud...Actually Karen was my Boss years ago...ok not that many years ago...I'm lucky to have her as my step in. Matthew also is a charmer....I'm also glad that they sorted out the bloody dog issue-maybe wrong room with out a dog, but it got sorted that the main thing. We have slowly crept forward with the "Renos" as I can afford, sometimes two steps forward one step back, but that's Tassie... I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie Trip, cause I certainly did my holiday !!!
Once again thanks for taking the time
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I really liked this motel - had everything, very comfortable bed, great heating (very important on cold nights), and an excellent shower. We also had breakfast which came at our nominated time. Unfortunately we couldn't have dinner in the restaurant (closed on weekends), but the town centre is only a few kilometres away. The staff were very friendly and helpful, which is Important, especially if you are a first-time traveller to the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hal470709
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Many thanks Lynne for your review of us at the Junction...yes they are great beds, we have many comments on them.. I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip and that we might see you again on your next adventure to the Island on the bottom of the earth!
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there on two occasions for four nights over two weeks. First stay was in a large single room with double bed- had everything I wanted. $85 a night. Peaceful, close enough to everything you could walk there. Owners / reception nice and friendly. Felt at home. Heaters were awesome. Second stay was a bigger 2 bed room unit with own kitchen and big living areas, big tv, nice bathroom even a nice entry. Plenty of blankets. $125 p/n. Room 18. Was like a house.
Compared to a caravan park near Mona that wanted $116 p/n for a 'deluxe' cabin with a tiny blower heater and extra $6 per person for for blankets and linen - value for money at the Junction for sure!
I'd recommend and happily stay there again. The buildings are older than some more pricey places but to be honest I liked it. It reminded me of the places you see on a tv show when your 'hiding out', which was exactly what I was doing- getting away from the in laws!! . Thank you Tim and crew for an enjoyable stay :)

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Mickss
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hey Mick, hideaway I like that ! It does remind me of that too ....apart from I cant hideaway ! Glad that you enjoyed your time with us on both occasions. Once again many thanks for your review of us at the Junction Motel.
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at the Junction Motel for 3 nights over Easter in a double room with an extra bed for our 8 year old. It was a perfect place to stay to visit the MONA art museum which is a very easy 15 minute drive back towards Hobart. The rooms are classic motel but with a good size bathroom.
We had dinner the first night at the motel restaurant which has a truly extraordinary feel about it. Somewhere between Javanese 1930s stye and Twin Peaks. Delicious food and hearty serves. Fantastic!
Tim the manager is very knowledgeable about Tasmania and an excellent host. Loved too the small fresh bottle of unhomoginised milk on arrival and with the breakfast.
A great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Robert H
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks Robert for your review of us..we were well pleased that you and your family enjoyed your little stay with us... its always great to host appreciative guests. Hopefully see you again when your next checking out the new exhibition at MONA.
cheers and thanks again
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night in a basic double room. The staff were very pleasant. As advertised, it was eclectic in decor. The price was good, less than any of the others places we stayed in Tasmania. But, then again, the room was smaller the other places we stayed. It was also in need of some new carpeting, which was worn and stained. The bathroom, which was very large, smelled so that we had to keep the door closed at all times. Either the walls were quite thin or the people next door were really loud as we could hear a fair amount of their conversation. We did not eat at the restaurant, much to my regret, as I overheard others raving about the buffet.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beth R
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hi Beth, thanks for taking the time to review us here at the Junction,"getting what you pay for" is the exact marketing and price point we adopted when taking over the run down motel over 5 years ago..I wished you pointed out about the smell in the toilet we would have tried to solve or move you into another room.. we did have trouble last week with a nappy blocking the system...Hmmm could have been same night.. I hope that you enjoyed your Tassie trip and hope that the rest of your holiday to Australia was everything you hoped,
kind regards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Enjoyed my stay here for 2 nights at this amazing motel. coming from a different hospitality establishment I find this place very warm cosy, and great pit stop to unwind and relax. The rooms are amazing and just right, the restaurant has a very welcoming ambience to it and the food is amazing.... great flavours of the oriental in this beautiful picturesque restaurant (may i suggest evening drinks on the verandah with a great view..!!!!!! )the staff very professional and the owner Tim has this motel downpat to a T. I cant fault this place at all and yes I would highly recommend staying here for a night or 2. if you haven't stayed here before then you don't know what your missing out on......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mikey F
timlast, Owner at Junction Motel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thanks Mikey, for your kind words. Being from the Industry it does mean a lot to us here to get the feedback. "People make the Property"
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Norfolk
#3 of 3 in New Norfolk
Derwent Valley Resort
Derwent Valley Resort
#10 of 12 in New Norfolk

Been to Junction Motel? Share your experiences!