“Scones or Rockcakes?”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Closed for Winter
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Was there last week for afternoon tea, my scones came out as brown as biscuits and as flat as pikelets. No strawberry jam, in its place a strange orange paste which I think was meant to be apricot?.Not even fresh cream to redeem itself, but fake out of the can stuff. My Husband waited 20minutes for a toasted sandwich , which he said was good.2 scones $6, cup of Tea nearly $4- not good when you dont get quality fresh food.Dont bother wasting your money here!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My husband needed his daily pie dose - so we stopped off for an early lunch before tackling the Nut.
My pumpkin soup was lovely & served in a cob loaf bowl, and my coffee was yummy. The strawberry milkshake was a hit with the 3 year old, and a simple toasted sandwich made a good lunch for her. And my husband had the scallop mornay pie which he was pretty impressed with.
This was all topped off with very generous ice-cream cones.
The service was very friendly and charming, just what you want from a country cafe.

1  Thank canalwaysdream
Reviewed 24 January 2014

A friendly welcome awaits you at this lovely cafe and ice cream shop. We had good coffee, generous portions of ice cream and wonderful seafood pie. They actually advertise their scallop pies but we enjoyed the seafood ones more. We also had the orange carrot cake - best ever!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We went here twice as my son really liked their toasted sandwiches, and the staff were very helpful on both occasions.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Although this cafe is no where near the best internationally, for this little seaside town, it is unique and has a charming quality about it. The staff really tried their hardest to be quick but it seemed it took a while to get served. We didn't mind, but heard others complaining. Not one to go to if you are in a rush. There is little else in terms of food in this town, many of the other cafés had for sale signs in their windows, so I would definitely recommend this one.