“Would not recommend!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Strahan
Glenaire Apartmnets
Melbourne, Australia
“Would not recommend!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I agree with the other poor review here. The actual accommodation was clean and suitable enough, but the location is not desirable. I too stayed in self catering accommodation all over Tasmania and this was the low point of our entire trip.

On 3 separate occasions I tried to speak with the owners, who live literally at you front door, about 10 metres away. The first time I spoke with a child and he said nobody was home, and he's send over somebody when they got home. I noticed the parents/owners arrived home later that night and were walking around outside our apartment, and nobody came to greet us. We tried to contact them 2 more times and there was zero communication. Terrible.

On the second night, somebody parked us in the driveway, which seemed to be used by their visitors and friends. Some guy was also outside talking loudly on his mobile phone. Later that night several other cars turned up (visitors?) and then left at some ungodly hour which woke us up.

All in all, the accommodation is sufficient, but there is a serious lack of professionalism and zero communication. Poor hosts, the worst I have ever encountered.
I would not recommend this property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emma C

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Having stayed in self-contained accommodations all over Tasmania, I can honestly say this was the low point of our trip in terms of hotels.

The location is about a 10 minute drive from the dock (the boat cruise is the big attraction in Strahan). Not convenient, but not too far out of the way.

All in all, the place was just not comfortable.  Yes, there's a washing machine, but there aren't clothespins to hang things. Yes, there's a kitchen, but no salt & pepper (everywhere else we stayed provided these  basics.) Yes, there's a porch, but there are thorned bushes growing up between the boards and broken patio chairs in unkempt grass. There is tupperware to take your food on a picnic, but it's  been gnawed by an animal and broken and the lids don't fit. I don't know how else to describe it: It looks like they took crap from their house in a half-hearted attempt to furnish this place.

At first glance it is clean enough, but while preparing a meal I found ants, and while tucking my kids in I found the blankets dirty.

Essentially, this is a double-wide trailer on the side of someone's driveway. With some effort and attention to detail it could be nice, but as it is, I would not return.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Coloradobc
Ridgley, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2009

Upon arriving at Glenaire Apartments, we were made very welcome by our host Michelle.
I took my Nan, who is 84 and a friend with her child and my child. Nan hadn't been to Strahan for 40 Years, and she loved it.
We had a unit that had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It had full kitchen, washing machine everything we required really. Beautiful floorboards thru out. We stayed in late June and it was very warm and comfortable.
The unit isn't very old and sleeps up to six people. it had 2 doubles and 2 single beds.
Rates are very reasonable also. around $140 double.
Great for families. i would stay there again in a flash !
We also went on the gordon river cruise on World Heritage Cruises and had an excellent day the weather was so still. beautiful sunny day for the end of june. Food on the cruise was of a very high standard also.

2 Thank tomloutess