We drove to Strahan especially to do the jet boat and 4WD trip to see huon pine and the salvage operations. Arrived more than half an hour wary as requested. Man in office seemed genuinely surprised when I said we had a booking for he boat trip (which was made more than a month beforehand). Checked his bookings before announcing it wasn't going to run due to windy weather. We suspected it was because there were only 2 of us booked into the trip - he told us he had 8 booked the next day and could we come back then instead? We couldn't as we had other plans already, but made us suspect that it just wasn't worth his while to take the two of us.
Had no warning of weather constraints on boat trip - we would have checked the weather/wind forecast ourselves if we thought it would have been an issue.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.