“Great specials list”

Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Strahan
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rebuilt in 1936, Hamer's captures the old-world charm of this mining port turned fishing village, where the walls almost speak to you of bygone eras. Settle back by the open log fire with the locals for a local ale or select from a range of Tasmanian wines. The bistro offers steaks, seafood, chicken, pasta and daily seasonal specials. A comprehensive wine list is also available. Hamer's Hotel is open for lunch and dinner everyday of the year except Christmas Day.
Reviewed 24 June 2014

What I remember the most is very generous pours of wine at very tasty prices.
I had a prawn risotto with some of the largest juiciest prawns I have ever seen. The dish was very large and I forced myself to finish as it was delicious.
My partner ordered the steak and was very happy. We were interested in trying the wallaby which was on the specials board but decided to try somewhere else the next night, which was a mistake.

Dessert was divine - chocolate cake with a truly gorgeous chocolate sauce, berries and cream. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We dined here on our first night in Strahan and received excellent service from Kayla. Meals were presented well, tasted great and were reasonably priced. Had planned to return the following night but an unexpected power cut put half the town out of action.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This place has a nice atmosphere with the open fires roaring in the winter. It has a bar area at the front for a drink before you dine which is a nice option. The food was terrific for pub food and very promptly delivered. I tried wallaby for the first time which I was a bit nervous about. But the way the chef had slow cooked it, delicious. The staff were great, really knew the menu and had tried it.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Spent several days in Strahan and as a family we could not go past Hamers for value for money, atmosphere and quality of food. Definitely reccommended it as a place to eat.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great food - we had the pie of the day - tasted like Boeuf Bourginon with a little pastry top. A little cold and the fire was not lit as there had been a fire in the bar a few days earlier. Sounds like they need a chimney sweep.