Just a 10 min walk to the local pub and the dock for the Gordon river cruises. Franklin manor is a lovely homestead which hand been restored to a good standard. Rooms are large with period features, surrounded by lovely gardens. The hosts were great, very welcoming and happy to help, we we were hit with massive storm the night we stayed which knocked out the power for few hours. Our hosts were up extra early to try and find a solution for breakfast for the early risers who were up for breakie, although luckily the power was back on in time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warmth and hospitality blends with contemporary elegance at Franklin Manor.This beautifully restored historic property, in the village of Strahan, sits at the edge of south-west Tasmania’s World Heritage Wilderness Area.At Franklin Manor, take a well-earned break in a standard queen room, or manor suite. Enjoy your breakfast in our dining room or on the porch overlooking the lush gardens.Immerse yourself in our island’s incomparable wilderness. Our staff can help you to choose an unforgettable Tasmanian experience, from a tranquil Gordon River cruise or scenic wilderness flight, to guided kayaking, bushwalking or four-wheel drive tours and the inspiring West Coast Wilderness Railway. You’ll return to the Manor comforts feeling invigorated and refreshed.After a day’s exploration, relax with a drink by the open fire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Franklin Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franklin Manor Hotel Strahan
- Franklin Manor Strahan, Tasmania