“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of Beachway

Beachway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ulverstone
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel is easy walking distance to the main strip in Ulverstone where most cafes/shops are. Clean, basic rooms for cheap prices. All staff were really friendly. Good for short stays. Would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in the 'family' room. I really wouldn't class it as a family room as there was no kitchen and barely room for a table. It suited our purpose as a place to sleep, however it would've been nice to have a little more room to be able to be more comfortable.

Room Tip: Read all the reviews to be able to get the room that you want.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I dont like giving bad reviews, in fact i think this is the first I have made. All the motels we staying in in our recent trip to Tasmania were good. On the positive side this motel has a good dining room and the meal we had was absolutely lovely. Not so however the room. We didnt worry too much because it was only one night that we had to stay there, but if any more than that we would have found somewhere else. The room was small, barely enough space for two people to negotiate their way around the beds without having to step back to let the other pass. The bathroom was tiny, separate toilet with a washbasin and absolutely nowhere to put your toiletries exccept the floor. But to cap it all off when i got home i found that they had debited my account for a smoking in the room fee!!! $100 for something we hadnt done. This left a very bad taste in my mouth as i dont mind copping the consequences for something i have done, but resent paying for something i havent. There was a large ashtray outside with butts in it and maybe the smoke had entered the room that way but we definately had not. No folks, you can find something better for your money if staying in Ulverstone.

Room Tip: Not sure about the other rooms but number 7 was too small
Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here for the first time for business and usually stay elsewhere in ulverstone. Let me say, I'm now making a permanent switch!
The room, although on the small side, was comfortable, clean and well appointed. The location is great for a quick evening/morning stroll to the beach.
I didn't have dinner at the restaurant, but breakfast was delivered to my room and was delicious!
Thanks again for a great stay!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed at this motel on several occasions over the last 12 months. The standard never varies. The welcome is warm and friendly, the rooms very well prepared and presented and the restaurant provides excellent food at reasonable prices. Although the motel rooms are smallish, they are fresh and modern with all the little extras such as satellite TV. I travel to Tasmania as part of my employment and I rate this the best motel on the central north west coast.

Room Tip: Try the restaurant - great meals and at a very reasobnable price.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Beachway on 2 occasions now and we have found the premises very clean and tidy and central to the township. Whilst the rooms that we have had have not been exceptionally large they are more than suitable for an overnight stay and priced accordingly. The proprieters are extremely friendly and helpful which is what you want when you are visiting an unfamiliar area. The Restaurant has a great menu and good food which is why it is popular among the local towns population. At our recent stay, the restaurant and function room was filled with local people which, speaks volumes in itself. I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

nice clean room which was a good size, reverse cycle heater/cooler heated room quickly, great hot shower, easy access to room on site parking, very helpful staff. toilet seperate to bathroom which I prefer - nice location central to everything

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulverstone
The Madsen Boutique Hotel
#4 of 5 in Devonport
Kentish Hills Retreat
Kentish Hills Retreat
#1 of 2 in Sheffield

Been to Beachway? Share your experiences!