“Surprising”

Price range: US$0 - US$44
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Staff were attentive and pleasant. We were adventurous with our choices and found amazing combinations. I even tried black pudding! To my surprise I liked it. Must have been the way the chef cooked it. Wonderful experience and will be back.

2  Thank Ann P

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Went here for dinner to celebrate hubby's birthday. The staffs were very pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable with the wine selections.

The food were scrumptious, from the starters to dessert, good size portions and very well presented.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Drove here on the way back from Lorne to enjoy lunch. First surprise, set price lunch with limited choices for a fairly high price. Second surprise, entrée was flat mushroom and goats cheese tart, what came was button mushrooms on a square of pastry, however it was very tasty. Mains were pressed lamb and rockling, both great and the lamb was fantastic. Third surprise, sparkling wine was flat, no bubbles at all, so left it and was not asked once why I did not drink it, even when they cleared the table after entrée. Manager was informed when I paid the account and was offered coffees but they need to keep their eye on the customer.
The venue was great and relaxing but!!!!

2  Thank nbrown1
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend and I were feeling a little down and decided to meet at the Mansion for a little bite, it was Monday Public holiday and was very happy to hear the Josephs Restaurant was open. We were met at the table by a lovely lady by the name of Helen, she made the afternoon a delight. We had the wine, Turkish bread and a lovely high tea selection. The staff were amazing and even though they closed at 6.00pm on that day we were not rushed out, they just let us talk.

What a wonderful afternoon, thank you for turning our long weekend into a delightful one. Thanks to the staff and service we received on the day. My friend and I have been here a few times and it is always memorable, this time I decided to tell everyone about it.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The food is exquisite and so as the ambience. My husband and I enjoyed our dinner. The service was excellent. We had a good laugh and a happy tummy.
Keep it up and all the best.