“bad,bad,bad”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Huntington, West Virginia
“bad,bad,bad”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

we were not told the truth about the hotel,it was not a half price hotel or a 3 star hotel we also ask for a swiming pool ,you could not swim in the pool it was very dirty. the room had 4 lamps only one worked. the bed had bad stains on the sheets ,the tub had dirty stains , there was 2 tv"s on the dresser only one worked we were very disapointed, we want our money back,we paid in advance

Room Tip: we were not told the truth
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank littlelucylou

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I've read some bad reviews of hotels, but I always take them with a grain of salt because they are never as bad as people say, right? Well, this one is. We stayed there the night before All Good 2012. With the festival in the area everyplace else was booked so we didn't have any other properties to choose from, but we figured a national brand couldn't be too bad, right? We were wrong. First, we had reserved a King room but were given a room with 2 doubles. The desk clerk said he had no King rooms available but that he had adjusted the price down to reflect the change, so we figured we could live with it. The room we were given, however, was unacceptable. The carpet was dirty, the beds were barely made, the tub was black on the bottom, and mostly it smelled like (dog or cat I hope!) urine. When I went to ask for a different room the desk clerk was very nice and apologetic and showed us to a King room that had miraculously just opened up! It was somewhat cleaner, but still smelled bad (like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room) and still had the same gross black grime inside the tub. We called around to every other hotel in town but by this time it was late and we couldn't find another room anywhere close, so we figured we could deal with this room. Then to top things off my wife pulled down the covers and found a dead fly between the sheets. At this point we seriously considered sleeping in the car, but by this time we were so tired we just went to bed. We don't need much to be comfortable, after all we were about to be camping out for 5 days, but basic cleanliness is not too much to ask for. Sure, it was cheap (about $60), but I would have gladly paid twice that for a room where I could have gotten a good, comfortable night sleep and a clean shower.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Heath hotels

Hillsboro, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2012

It was okay but very noisy and cold pool and very clean and helpful friendly staff the location was okay I have been to better and I have been to worst hotels and lots to do in Newark/heath. And never come during the car show

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Had a reservation at another motel for a family reunion. They had a fire and cancelled all reservations. By the time we found out, everything was booked in town except this motel. Now I know why. The place is very dirty. The bathroom had a large amount of hair on the floor. Carpet did not look like it had been cleaned for years. Even the TV screen was dirty. There was a ring of dirt around the interior of the pool. The exterior trash and butt cans were not emptied or picked up for the two days we were there. If I was not able to find a local room again I would drive from another area rather than stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Heath, Ohio
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I attempted to stay at this motel on 2 July 2012, but could not stand the filth or hot room. I was assured the air conditioner worked before checking in, but it only blew hot air. Cobwebs, dust balls, dirt and a dirty bathtub were just too much. I did not receive a refund, but instead had three separate charges for a one night stay (actually did not stay there at all).. Complaints via the better business bureau have yet to result in a refund.

Room Tip: Check rooms before checking in and pay cash.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This company raised their rates to almost double the usual rates because of all the persons who needed shelter when their power was interrupted by a severe storm. It is a disgusting act of human cruelty and I think they should be fined and made to make restitution of the monies these unfortunate people paid to them. They were made to leave after complaining. The police were called and even though they had paid the outrageous prices for this hotel, they were made to leave. I think the corporate office should step in and the state should impose a price gouging fine on this company.they are under investigation by the atty. gen. ofc.

Room Tip: avoid this place.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank G C
newark
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed there while having my bathroom remodeled, after coming back from Colorado i noticed several charges pending to my bank account from Econolodge.Upon asking what it was Aman the desk clerk acted like she could not speak any English. The total was nearly 1200 dollars which P.NC. bank disputed.The most disrespectful bunch of Trahy outsiders I have ever met.Chase bank said four of thier customers also had problems.Dont give them Debit or credit card # or they will take your money.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank bryan t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
#3 of 3 in Newark
The Granville Inn
The Granville Inn
#1 of 2 in Granville

Been to Knights Inn Heath Newark? Share your experiences!