“False Advertising”

Knights Inn Heath Newark
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Reviewed 27 March 2013

NONE of the pictures in the ad for this particular hotel are correct!!! There is nothing bright, clean, or presentable! After staying there recently I can see why they have not updated the photos that are currently online.

The carpet was filthy and there was no padding. I would be afraid to know what is under the carpet. We received a wake-up call that we DID NOT request at 5:00am BOTH mornings and when I mentioned it to the desk I was told they had no idea how to remove the automated wake-up call.

Then there was the bathroom!! I have never seen such filth and the tub should have been REPLACED years ago. Wished I would have read the reviews before hand! I would not recommend this hotel to my worse enemy!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed here for a weekend on a planned vacation.....mold on the bath fixtures, carpet so filthy it took a scrub brush to clean my feet....ironing board was broken and collapsed while my wife was trying to iron, almost cut her finger off.......the phone didn't work for the entire weekend..electricity had gone out and they hadn't bothered to fix any of the room phones......the wonderful Continental breakfast advertised consisted of twinkies, do-nut holes and Hostess Cupcakes. Pool looked like it had a scum film on it.....concrete sidewalks were broken and cracked..people running all over all night yelling and screaming......on the upside the bar and bartender were great. We will NEVER stay in an Econo Lodge again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary and JoAnn T
Reviewed 23 August 2012

stayed there for the Mopar Nationals.Talk about price gouging for an event...Wouldn't mind paying that much money for a good spot for the cruise, but this place was unacceptable,continental breakfast was stale Kroger donuts and toast

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank davidida
Reviewed 7 August 2012

we were not told the truth about the hotel,it was not a half price hotel or a 3 star hotel we also ask for a swiming pool ,you could not swim in the pool it was very dirty. the room had 4 lamps only one worked. the bed had bad stains on the sheets ,the tub had dirty stains , there was 2 tv"s on the dresser only one worked we were very disapointed, we want our money back,we paid in advance

Room Tip: we were not told the truth
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank littlelucylou
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I've read some bad reviews of hotels, but I always take them with a grain of salt because they are never as bad as people say, right? Well, this one is. We stayed there the night before All Good 2012. With the festival in the area everyplace else was booked so we didn't have any other properties to choose from, but we figured a national brand couldn't be too bad, right? We were wrong. First, we had reserved a King room but were given a room with 2 doubles. The desk clerk said he had no King rooms available but that he had adjusted the price down to reflect the change, so we figured we could live with it. The room we were given, however, was unacceptable. The carpet was dirty, the beds were barely made, the tub was black on the bottom, and mostly it smelled like (dog or cat I hope!) urine. When I went to ask for a different room the desk clerk was very nice and apologetic and showed us to a King room that had miraculously just opened up! It was somewhat cleaner, but still smelled bad (like smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room) and still had the same gross black grime inside the tub. We called around to every other hotel in town but by this time it was late and we couldn't find another room anywhere close, so we figured we could deal with this room. Then to top things off my wife pulled down the covers and found a dead fly between the sheets. At this point we seriously considered sleeping in the car, but by this time we were so tired we just went to bed. We don't need much to be comfortable, after all we were about to be camping out for 5 days, but basic cleanliness is not too much to ask for. Sure, it was cheap (about $60), but I would have gladly paid twice that for a room where I could have gotten a good, comfortable night sleep and a clean shower.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

It was okay but very noisy and cold pool and very clean and helpful friendly staff the location was okay I have been to better and I have been to worst hotels and lots to do in Newark/heath. And never come during the car show

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Had a reservation at another motel for a family reunion. They had a fire and cancelled all reservations. By the time we found out, everything was booked in town except this motel. Now I know why. The place is very dirty. The bathroom had a large amount of hair on the floor. Carpet did not look like it had been cleaned for years. Even the TV screen was dirty. There was a ring of dirt around the interior of the pool. The exterior trash and butt cans were not emptied or picked up for the two days we were there. If I was not able to find a local room again I would drive from another area rather than stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
Cherry Valley Lodge
#3 of 3 in Newark
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark
Super 8 Heath/Newark

Been to Knights Inn Heath Newark? Share your experiences!