“Friendly and helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We booked a suite and it was very clean and comfortable. We were in town for the death of a family member. The staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff were very friendly. This hotel is also conveniently located, close to restaurants and shopping. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I am grateful to the staff at this Holiday Inn Express - they saved me. In my hurry to leave the room, I left my purse with all my credit cards,drivers license and money in it. I checked out of the hotel. 2 hours later, I get a call from the hotel telling me that the people who cleaned the room found it and brought it down to the front desk. I drove back to get it - everything was in there! I am so thankful to all those kind, honest employees who went out of there way to help me.
Thank you all so much!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This was an overnight stop en route from Illinois to Pennsylvania. The facilities and service matched that of other Holiday Inn Expresses we have enjoyed. ( We also are Priority Club members.) No, there was no welcome bag of goodies, but we can do fine without that, so we didn't mind. The location is convenient to a number of stores and restaurants, though I must say that Heath offers few decent dining options (aside from chains). We had some car trouble which was taken care of quickly at a dealership in Newark. All in all, a nice experience and would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My 11 year old son and I stayed one night. He was disappointed right away that we didn't receive waters or snacks as he is accustomed to when we arrive at other HI Express hotels as priority club members. I was then disappointed when we discovered we were in what I would consider the worst location room which was directly across from elevator and right next door to the vending and ice machine. When I expressed my displeasure at room location, we were moved to one remaining room which ended up being a suite. It was nice to have 2 rooms for no extra charge. The carpet was ripped, paint chipped and room in need of general update. My son later burned something in the microwave which made the smoke alarm go off. I called the front desk repeatedly and got no answer. After the alarm went off for 3-4 minutes, I was able to talk to the front desk. When I asked for help with turning off the alarm and clearing the smoke, I was told the only solution was pulling the alarm out of the ceiling. Having worked in a hotel before I asked about getting a smoke-eater or air purifier machine we could use to clear out the room. I was told those were all locked up and not available. It was a long smoky and fairly sleepless night. I am very appreciative of being given a late check out as we were exhausted from being unable to sleep until the smoke cleared slowly on its own. We will not stay here again and instead stay at the Best Western in Hebron OH that we've enjoyed in the past.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Melissa A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Melissa A,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are truly sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. I have taken note of your comments and these will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We were visiting for a sporting tournament in the area. I found the hotel clean and friendly staff. Devin, at the main desk was great. The breakfast area was very clean and we were always welcomed with a smile every morning. Wish the pool was bigger or there was a jacuzzi, but overall good visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I visited for a relaxing night away from home. We got just that. We arrived late afternoon and went for a swim. Pool was nice. Clean and good temperature. Check in staff was very friendly, and check in was efficient. Room was very clean. Bed was very comfortable. We asked for late check out, as we just wanted time to relax, and not be in a hurry to check out. They were very helpful and let us check out at 2:00, rather than 12:00. The breakfast was very good, as HIE breakfasts typically are. There was one negative about our room, but wasn't a huge deal. The light blocking curtains in the room did not close. Our window was on the parking lot side, so there were lots of lights shining in. We like it dark in our room, especially when we finally get to sleep in! Unfortunately, we didn't have the option of a dark room because of the curtains. Other than that, great hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Hello all,

I have had my share of hotel experiences so let me share.
I booked this hotel on its website as a platinum priority rewards member.
Generally Holiday Inns are clean and comfortable. This hotel meets my expectations. I arrived late after a long drive and Tyler checked me in promptly and accommodated all of my requests, which can be many at times. Friendly staff that are on top of customer service when it comes to hotels are half the battle. So just for this fact the hotel receives 5 stars, I also really enjoyed the breakfast staff the lady was extremely helpful but I can't remember her name.

Room: We stayed in a suite room 403 which has plenty of room and was CLEAN!!! The first thing I do is always pull back my covers/ sheets to inspect for hair or stains of any kind. I have had some scary situations in the past but I can honestly say I saw nothing but clean linen. The bathroom was nice with the typical toiletries of soap, shampoo, & conditioner but again not a spot or stain so I am really happy by now. There is a kichenette area with a small refrigerator and microwave and sink area. This is a standard but welcomed feature. The sitting area had a small loveseat, a chair, and a flat screen and a hot tub. The hot tub was fabulous my husband and I used it to relax and it made our night a million times better. The water was actually hot and they provided plenty of towels. Our bed, closet, and another flat screen TV was separated into another room. So with the suite you get lots of space I also liked that the sitting area and the bedroom have separate temperature control units.

Breakfast: It was hot and good. I am a vegetarian so I had pancakes, cereal, oj, and a lovely cinnamon roll. I believe they had sausage, biscuits, and gravy oh and eggs. There was a great variety and after a wonderful sleep it all made my stay very good.

Room Tip: Get the suite, the price is reasonable and you deserve it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Callion007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
#1 of 2 in Granville
Historic Buxton Inn
Historic Buxton Inn
#2 of 2 in Granville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Newark-Heath? Share your experiences!