“Weekend”

Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, there was quite a bit of road noise because it is on a main street with alot of traffic. The service was very good, staff very friendly and helpful. Nonsmoking room didn't smell at all which is better than some places that offer non smoking rooms that reek of smoke. Like most reviwers motel is a bit older but kept up decently it is not a problem though in my opinion I have stayed in some pretty dumpy motels this is NOT one of them if you are lookiing for a cheap place to spend the night this place will fit the bill. Overall the motel is very decent for the price and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank pbbuzzy

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Was just passing through the area on the way from Southern Delaware to Denver as part of a move. Needed a cheep place to stay for this leg of the trip.
So far it meets my basic requirements for cheep, rock bottom priced lodging. It's quiet, safe, and clean.
negatives which don't bother me, but may discourage some people:It's not fancy,it looks like it was some sort of modular construction, (a double wide trailer or 2 connected together?) and some of the the door frames look beat up, also the furniture looks beet up, but that doesn't bother me since I won't be using it anyway, but all the knobs are on it and the drawers all open and close. The wallpaper also has some bubbles in it from nail pops, again not a big deal for me. this is why I rated the rooms "poor" because in my mind if they were average they would have the same decor and amenities, but things would be in better shape. also you do hear a little bit of traffic noise in the morning once people start driving around, but as long as you are towards the back of the property like I was it isn't bad.
Now the positives: so far, everything works in the room. which includes a TV (old style tube type, but it works, and the one in this room does have AV jacks in case that's important to anyone reading this) again no problem for me. the bathroom looked dated and worn, but was clean and all the fixtures worked. my room also had a mini fridge and microwave as well as 2 double beds which were firm and OK to sleep on.. On a related note, it looks like they found a solution to the mattress cover problem mentioned in another review. Definitely not The Ritz, but not bad at all for $41+ tax/night
also,on the plus side:The front desk staff was very nice and charged me the exact same rate I saw advertised on the ABV inn website.
This last one may not be a positive for all people, but for me it is: It's right by the police station so I hear an occasional cruiser go by, but they never had sirens on, so it doesn't bother me and actually makes me feel safe. Nothing happened to myself or my fully loaded car all night.
Since I will be traveling with cats on my next drive through the area I will definitely stop again as long as they can accommodate the moving truck I will be driving in their parking lot which may be a little challenging to get a truck in and out of.

Room Tip: If the sound of passing cars annoys you I would try to ask for a room towards the back of the proper...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2011

The Americas Best Value Inn in Heath/Newark is beyond dated. It seems like they are trying, having updated the shower stall and having a working mini-fridge in the room but it just fails to fulfill even minimum expectations. The mattresses are plastic covered making them both uncomfortable and producing squeaking noises with every movement. The carpet is almost crunchy, the sheets while not specifically stained are thin and greyish. The personnel are nice and they are honest when they tell you the free wifi is unreliable. If you insist on staying here, then consider joining the Best value Club online to save a couple of dollars.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blueash
heathdee, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are very sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the issues. The mattress covers were requested by the local Fire Marshall and since reading your comments, we have found covers made with a softer material. Also, since your stay we have upgraded our wireless internet to T1 lines and have not had any problems since. We hope that you will please come stay with us again when you are in town to see the improvements we have made. Thanks again.

Reviewed 11 August 2008

This hotel was not terrible. The price was low ($60), but not enough to compensate for hotel's below average condition. The room could have been cleaner, especially the mildewy shower curtain. It is just kinda of beat.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 19 July 2008

This was our second stay at EconoLodge-Heath. We had just drove 18 hours and were ready to just lay down and sleep. The problem was that we were 4 1/2 hours early for our check in time. I went to the front desk and asked the manager Dee if it would be a problem for us to check in early. All the while I was expecting to have to sleep in our car for a few hours until check in time. He surprised me by telling me that our room was ready and we could go there right away. The microwave and refrigerator in the room really saved us a lot of money not having to eat out for every meal. The comfortable, air conditioned rooms allowed us to leave our small dog there during day trips and not leave him in a hot car. Thank you Dee and your staff for allowing us to have a great vacation!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank beernutz303
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
Comfort Inn & Suites
Cherry Valley Lodge
Cherry Valley Lodge
#3 of 3 in Newark
Super 8 Heath/Newark

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark? Share your experiences!