“Flea infested nightmare”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Heath
“Flea infested nightmare”
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We paid for 2 nite stay, with in minutes of entering the jacuzzi sweet our dog was infested with fleas, not too mention our countless welts from being bitten. Their t.v also blew up and fried our play station 3 in the process. When we went to get the 2nd nite refunded the nite clerk informed me that thehotel had rrecently changed hands and that new management wasnt taking over for a few more days and that the old management wasnt willing to comp me an additional nite in another room

• Stayed August 2013
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Since we are a pet friendly property the rare flea problem can arise and is addressed as soon as we are aware of it. The T.V. has also been replaced in our Jacuzzi room . We are sorry that the staff did not handle the issues you had to your satisfaction. We hope that you will come stay with us again and see the improvements that have been made under the new ownership and the many improvements coming soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I only needed a bed and a shower while I was picking up my daughter at Denison. I chose the ABVI based upon price. The property is small and a little dated-looking. I was beginning to have second thoughts until I stepped into the office. The clerk was friendly and efficient in both check-in & check-out. The room was clean and quiet. The furnishings were comfortable. Price was very fair.

This is a very nice little motel for an overnight stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Late_Apex_014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, we are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We look forward to helping you with future hotel accommodations if you find yourself in our area again.
New Jersey
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed two nights for under $50 a night. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, bathroom was decent size, room had a microwave and mini-fridge. TV was older but it got 50 channels including HBO. My room was in the back building and it was very quiet. Also, a bar and couple eating places were within walking distance.

I notice everything, but not a lot bothers me so I'll give you the items that might bother you if you notice a lot and things bother you.

When I first entered the room, it had a little musty smell like no one had been in the room for a while. I turned on the air and when I entered the room later, smell was gone
Place is dated but little details that could be improved upon like the bathroom ceiling light fixture didn't go all the way to the ceiling (should have used didn't type of fixture) so you could see a mound of dust inside the fixture while in the shower. A second microwave was sitting on the counter for no reason. Also, the lamp on back wall of the bed was too low (hit my head on it once) and except the bed light and one in bathroom, other lights were too dim.
The breakfast was englsh muffins, store donuts, bad coffee and some orange drink (not there to eat breakfast)
These items overall didn't bother me much -I'm not in the hotel room much anyways. it was a great place for cheap - I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank seahawk3133
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This hotel had the cheapest rates around. We needed a place to stay for one night so it did the trick. It is ran down and outdated, but you get what you pay for. The staff was nice and we had no issues. The room was clean and taken care of. We had a car full of stuff and we had nothing stolen.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela C
Ringgold, Georgia
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The hotel is older and run down looking on the outside. Inside of room is dingy looking, but clean. This hotel offers extended stays, so I think we have ppl around us that actually live here. Which leaves me wondering how safe it is.

I booked a King Non Smoking Kitchenette. We got a King Non Smoking. Got here and they had booked up all the kitchenettes. So either the website was wrong in letting us book a kitchenette or an employee just put us where ever they could. We got charged the same amount either way. We didnt get our kitchenette, recliner or dining table that the website said we would get. We did get a microwave and refridg. (which actually worked and kept things cold)

We only paid $90 for 2 nights (some spring special they were having.) So for the price - it was cleaner than I expected and you get what you pay for. But I don't think we'd stay here again.

I clean houses for a living and I am OCD. So I'm picky. A/C worked well. Cabinet top beside the sink was broken. Outlet over phone jack hanging off exposed wires. refrigerator looks like someone took a hammer to the door. Just over all dingy looking.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LovelyRita67
Trenton, Missouri
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, there was quite a bit of road noise because it is on a main street with alot of traffic. The service was very good, staff very friendly and helpful. Nonsmoking room didn't smell at all which is better than some places that offer non smoking rooms that reek of smoke. Like most reviwers motel is a bit older but kept up decently it is not a problem though in my opinion I have stayed in some pretty dumpy motels this is NOT one of them if you are lookiing for a cheap place to spend the night this place will fit the bill. Overall the motel is very decent for the price and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pbbuzzy
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Was just passing through the area on the way from Southern Delaware to Denver as part of a move. Needed a cheep place to stay for this leg of the trip.
So far it meets my basic requirements for cheep, rock bottom priced lodging. It's quiet, safe, and clean.
negatives which don't bother me, but may discourage some people:It's not fancy,it looks like it was some sort of modular construction, (a double wide trailer or 2 connected together?) and some of the the door frames look beat up, also the furniture looks beet up, but that doesn't bother me since I won't be using it anyway, but all the knobs are on it and the drawers all open and close. The wallpaper also has some bubbles in it from nail pops, again not a big deal for me. this is why I rated the rooms "poor" because in my mind if they were average they would have the same decor and amenities, but things would be in better shape. also you do hear a little bit of traffic noise in the morning once people start driving around, but as long as you are towards the back of the property like I was it isn't bad.
Now the positives: so far, everything works in the room. which includes a TV (old style tube type, but it works, and the one in this room does have AV jacks in case that's important to anyone reading this) again no problem for me. the bathroom looked dated and worn, but was clean and all the fixtures worked. my room also had a mini fridge and microwave as well as 2 double beds which were firm and OK to sleep on.. On a related note, it looks like they found a solution to the mattress cover problem mentioned in another review. Definitely not The Ritz, but not bad at all for $41+ tax/night
also,on the plus side:The front desk staff was very nice and charged me the exact same rate I saw advertised on the ABV inn website.
This last one may not be a positive for all people, but for me it is: It's right by the police station so I hear an occasional cruiser go by, but they never had sirens on, so it doesn't bother me and actually makes me feel safe. Nothing happened to myself or my fully loaded car all night.
Since I will be traveling with cats on my next drive through the area I will definitely stop again as long as they can accommodate the moving truck I will be driving in their parking lot which may be a little challenging to get a truck in and out of.

Room Tip: If the sound of passing cars annoys you I would try to ask for a room towards the back of the proper...