“Nice Room”

Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Heath
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Recently stayed here for a couple of nights on vacation and really enjoyed it. Reasonable price, good location free breakfast. Free parking was nice as well. staff was very accommodating at the front desk We will stay again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raj P
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that our front desk staff saw to it that all of your needs were met. If you find yourself in our area again we hope you stop in.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

i loved everything about this hotel. Room was nice and clean . bed was comfortable . hot water for shower, wifi worked without any problem .Staff made my stay really pleasant . and most importantly room was reasonably priced. overall good stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property and am glad you had a great stay. So often people only take the time to post reviews if they were unsatisfied with the services offered and it is so refreshing to hear from the guests that enjoyed their stay with us. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and our friendly staff and am glad that it showed. If you are in the area again, whether for business or to enjoy some of our local attractions, we hope to see you then.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

After reading the reviews I was expecting a disaster. This hotel was not disgusting or flea infested and our group was staying in three rooms, so it is not just my room that I am reviewing. I was in all of them looking for disgusting and fleas, and very worried as I had booked our group. We run extreme races and I must say ABVI is the best when you have a team of runners looking for inexpensive rooms. There is always an ABVI near the races, in our experience. These rooms were much cleaner than the last ABVI, I must add that, and in a very nice area with decent restaurants and a Tim Hortons for much needed great coffee. The best part of the ABVI is after the races. It is a pull up to your door style hotel, and that is what we do. We pull out our lawn chairs and re-hash the races outside of the rooms. It is like we have our own court yard. We are so tired that we are usually in the rooms and sleeping by nine, but while we are out front the people and staff coming and going always have something nice to say. We are from Canada, so it is not usual, but much appreciated. I think ABVI should try to get together with the extreme races and offer packages. It just seems like a really good match. We will stay at ABVI for all of our extreme races that I can guarantee.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

I want to thank you for your positive feedback and for giving us a chance despite some not so pleasant reviews. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms to be to your satisfaction and that you are pleased with the Americas Best Value brand. If your extreme races bring you back to our area we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Nasty! Plain out disgusting!!! Not to mention while I was "trying" to get a shower at 1:30pm, just lathered myself up with body wash and shampoo In my hair... The water shuts off! My husband calls the front desk for them to say " oh, we have someone working on the water in that building" then call me back to tell me I have to go to the front building to rinse off because it'll be a half hour to an hour before the waters back on!?!? Pathetic!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property I am sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant stay with us. It was unfortunate for everyone that we had a water leak issue on one of our buildings the day you checked in with us. We did our best to have the water issue fixed before regular check-in time (3 pm) to avoid running into any problems. I apologize again that the water had to be down while repairs were being made and that the only option we had to offer was moving you to another building to rinse off.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The check-in hostess rushed us. The paperwork to sign was so faint, you could barely read it. The sidewalks by the parking lot were not shoveled. The ice sickles were not cleared and hovering dangerously over us. There were no parking lots near our room. There was a bag of trash on the sidewalk when we got there, and never removed before we left. The room stank like smoke. The lamp shades had an inch of fuzzy dust on them- looked like a few year's worth! There were cigarette ashes on the sink. The mattress and boxsprings were dirty and heavily stained. There was no coffee pot or cups in the room, as is typical of a hotel. Our friends staying at the same hotel had empty beer bottles left in their room, dirt in the bath tub, and no towels or wash cloths in their room. When we got back from our evening out, and couldn't stand the thought of having to sleep there, we checked out at 1 AM, and the night host didn't bother to ask how our stay was.

• Stayed: February 2014
Tina B, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear you did not have a pleasant experience with us and apologize on behalf of the entire staff. I will be addressing with the desk staff the importance of their role in customer service and what that means for our business and more importantly for the experience of our guests. I will also be implementing more regular checks of our rooms to ensure that our housekeeping staff are doing their job to the standards that have been set for them. I apologize that we were not sufficiently prepared for the winter weather that came through our area this year and will make sure that staff keeps the walkways as safe and accessible as possible. Currently our property does not offer coffee in the rooms and does not advertise it as one of our amenities but I will bring the subject up at our next board meeting. We are in the process of renovating all the rooms on the property and hope that if you are in the area again you stop in to check our the improvements made.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

We paid for 2 nite stay, with in minutes of entering the jacuzzi sweet our dog was infested with fleas, not too mention our countless welts from being bitten. Their t.v also blew up and fried our play station 3 in the process. When we went to get the 2nd nite refunded the nite clerk informed me that thehotel had rrecently changed hands and that new management wasnt taking over for a few more days and that the old management wasnt willing to comp me an additional nite in another room

• Stayed: August 2013
Tina B, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. Since we are a pet friendly property the rare flea problem can arise and is addressed as soon as we are aware of it. The T.V. has also been replaced in our Jacuzzi room . We are sorry that the staff did not handle the issues you had to your satisfaction. We hope that you will come stay with us again and see the improvements that have been made under the new ownership and the many improvements coming soon.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I only needed a bed and a shower while I was picking up my daughter at Denison. I chose the ABVI based upon price. The property is small and a little dated-looking. I was beginning to have second thoughts until I stepped into the office. The clerk was friendly and efficient in both check-in & check-out. The room was clean and quiet. The furnishings were comfortable. Price was very fair.

This is a very nice little motel for an overnight stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Late_Apex_014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, we are glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We look forward to helping you with future hotel accommodations if you find yourself in our area again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Heath
Comfort Inn & Suites
Cherry Valley Lodge
Cherry Valley Lodge
#3 of 3 in Newark
Super 8 Heath/Newark

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Heath/Newark? Share your experiences!