Red Roof Inn Buckeye Lake
Regal Inn(Hebron)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewsorange drinkcoffee potbasic hoteldesk areanice place to stayfridge and microwavetruck stop across the streetbob evansfront desk staffwould stay againstaff was friendlysinksdresserinterstate
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Now for $40-$50 this hotel provides ample parking, easy access to fwy, very easy check-in, 1 w/d/ avail, clean smoking room/ microwave/ mini fridge/ac wi-fi/ cable /cont breakfast/lots of towels, the bed was very comfy and they provided 3 pillows per bed,
The staff were friendly and helpful.
fyi this is an older property, so there's no elevator. the rooms are a bit dated but functional and clean.btw this is a pet friendly property.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Being a last-minute Easter to trip to visit relatives and having few pet-friendly hotels in the area, I chose this hotel. Upon entering the room, it smelled fresh and clean. However, there was no box spring on the bed, the tub drain was too slow (needs a good cleaning) the shower curtain needs changing, and better lighting needs to be installed in the rooms. The driveway and parking lot needs to be re-paved and the grass needs to be cut. All I can say about breakfast is that the doughnuts were not fresh; I didn't take the risk of eating anything else. All in all, this isn't a bad hotel, it just needs some tender loving care. I will probably stay closer to Columbus next time; once again, pet-friendly options are very limited.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We decided to try this hotel while visiting Denison University in nearby Granville, OH. The price was only in the $40 range, and it was right off the interstate. The best thing this hotel had going for it is that it was clean, which is why I gave them 3 stars instead of 2. I have stayed at many Red Roof Inns, and there was never one like this.
I guess truckers use this property a lot, the dirt driveway to the hotel was horrendous with potholes. We had a non smoking room with 2 beds, and it came with 2 of the small full size beds. You could feel the springs when you laid on it. Sheets were so thin you could see almost see through them. The towels and washcloths were very thin and worn.
Instead of the standard little note pad and pen with the hotel logo on them, we had 4 squares of green construction paper stapled together with a generic pen. And the back page was written on by someone else. I thought that was funny. The WIFI was free, but was very slow. They did have cable, or dish or something, with 2 HBO channels. Our heater worked fine.
It is across from a truck stop, so at night, if you are in the front of the hotel at least, you hear the periodic air brakes of those trucks.
While I was showering in the tub that had the ugly and badly repaired fiberglass tub liner, I had decided I was going to spend more next time and stay somewhere else. I hung my wet towel on the towel bar and the whole towel bar fell off the wall. It was obviously the cheapest towel bar you can buy at WalMart, I know, I bought one of those a long time ago, they are a piece of junk.
The breakfast: I really couldn't eat more than coffee. I was surprised they had one for $40, but there was a broken fancy coffee machine, a pot of coffee brewed, powdered creamer, out of sugar, juice machine had no apple juice at all and the orange juice ran as just water. There was cereal in those acrylic bins that looked like they had never been cleaned out on the inside, bread, toaster, stale cake and powdered donuts.
There was a vending machine that had very reasonably priced snacks, like 3 muskateers for 70 cents and cheetos for 60 cents.
The staff was nice enough, same person there at night and in the morning, and she asked if the room was OK so I told her the above. It seemed like she was putting it in the computer.
I should have taken pictures, but we just got out of there as soon as we could.
You get what you pay for, I guess. It is a bad economy and they are probably just trying to stay afloat. I will happily pay $99 to stay somewhere else next time I am in that area.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room facing the truck stop, ask for a back room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This was a basic stop hotel on the way traveling through Ohio. Room was basic, but cable worked and WiFi were free. Heater was not the quietest, but the beds were comfortable. Shower was hot. Continental breakfast in the morning is a nice touch for a Red Roof. Cereal, coffee, donuts and apples...just basic stuff, but enough to get us on the road and hold us over until lunch. We know what to expect with Red Roof and that is why we stay here.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2011

You can not expect too much for $40. The room was clean, bed was fine, TV worked, it did not stink of smoke, parking was easy, close to interstate, free coffee and toast in the morning.
Also- no charge for Wi-Fi.
The halls were dirty but who cares, this was not vacation.
For the price, don't expect anything better.

Room Tip: no elevator to the second floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business