“Pubes and roaches oh my !”

Red Roof Inn Buckeye Lake
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hebron
Reviewed 6 January 2013

The room was disgusting! As soon as we arrived we found a cockroach on the lap. The towels were stained and filthy and I saw pubes in the bed. We left and went to anther hotel. If you value a sanitary environment at all.. Run for your lives!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MizRos353

Reviewed 9 October 2012

those of you who pull in here with the thoughts of the usual red roof quality....forget it. this one is probably the worst one i have EVER stayed in and i have called red roof customer relations regarding this site. my husband, who usually isn't as picky as me has determined we will never stay there again. let's see, where to start...large white painted patches on the ummmmmm...ecru walls in both the hallways and rooms. the property is trashy. room 203 has a days inn shower curtain. there is an obvious rust problem in the water that could be solved using red out from wal-mart. the linens are all dingy. there are 4 settings on the shower head......same water pattern on all four settings. one out of the five pillows on the bed was acceptable. no milk or yogurt for breakfast. the o.j. was waaaay over-diluted. the rock hard mini donettes were chocolate covered and obviously out of the freezer on the first day. the remaining crumbs from the package were all that were there the second day. there were a couple of pieces of bread and a small amount of cereal...but no milk. the hallway carpeting is filthy and full of holes. the furniture upholstery is disgusting. no turntable in the microwave. our visit was the third time the key card holder had been used (and the last). the t.v. station guide was absolutely disgusting AND incorrect. only one local station (NBC). no iron or ironing board. no extra toilet tissue. curtain liners are disgusting with the cracks/flakes on the once white rubber lining patched with pieces of black electricians tape. yes, it was a smoking room, but the stench was really bad......not quite so much after i used my fabreze spray on it. phone didn't work. security door lock into building nonfunctional. no screens or safety locks on our window. oh yeah....nice paved parking lot. sooooooooo........why did we stay two days you ask? we were heading home from PA, my husband wasn't feeling well, so we stopped, expecting the usual red roof quality. he determined that we would leave the next morning but felt too unwell to do so (we travel together in separate vehicles).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mizvioleta
Reviewed 27 September 2012

two couples stayed here for 4 days, one in the first floor, the other in 214. After leaving the ones in 214 were infected with bed bugs. After contacting the hotel they denied there was any problem in that room. After contacting Red Roof Corp they played good cop/bad cop and kept pushing things off. Nothing was done and they now do not even return phone calls. We just wanted the cost of that specific room stay to be refunded and the cost for replacing two suitcases. Beware of this Red Roof location.

Room Tip: If you must stay insist on staying on the first floor. Look carefully for bed bug droppings.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This Red Roof features interior stairways, a continental breakfast, and a public computer workstation in the lobby. The lobby had several chairs for guests to relax in, too. The breakfast was very minimalist. There were a few basic cereals, some very small doughnuts and beverages. (The orange juice tasted like the old Tang of astronaut days!) The standard Red Roof coffee machine was out of order the two days I was there. Also, no phones in guest rooms worked. Nothing was said about this when I checked in so I trekked back downstairs to find out if it was just my room or motel-wide. I was told a storm had knocked them out earlier in the week, but I could use the one in the lobby next to the computer. This was interesting since normally it's all or nothing with phone systems. So, no phone for the weekend. Maybe if one needed a wake-up call, they would have banged on the door? The room itself was clean, and the bed was good. I had the Superior King, and while there was a table with two chairs, the usual lounge chair was absent. Fortunately, the computer chair was comfortable. The computer workstation was far superior to the usual one found at Red Roofs. The access drive leading to the Red Roof's parking lot has basically disintegrated, but the parking lot itself was well-maintained. (Probably the access road is not their responsibility.) So, although there were a few inconveniences, I would stay again without hesitation. Plenty of grass for pet relief, too.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maltesemama78
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Firstly, the staff has been so nice, and accommodating. For the price it's reasonable. I only have 2 complaints- 1. its a non-smoking hotel, and some one was obviously smoking pot. Our room stunk of it terribly. 2. The water is undrinkable. Thankfully was traveling with bottled water, but I didn't want to brush my teeth with the tap water.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 1 September 2012

The evening we stayed here seemed to be "hang out" night for a couple carloads of less-than-desirable young adults. At least they weren't fond of dogs (fortunate for me and my dog). Grounds were as expected (small, open lot, not very grassy), room seemed big enough. Nice desk for laptop work. Night staff (check in) seemed annoyed to be bothered by us checking in, morning staff hustled to maintain the property and pull desk duty.
Breakfast was a joke, I'm on a restricted diet, and can't eat donuts, cereal or oatmeal (guess what they had?). Coffee was typical low-budged, tastes more like funky water, burnt coffee.
I got what I paid for, I guess.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This was our third year coming here for Ohio District Family Camp. Never again.. Shortly after getting into our room I noticed a bug crawling on the bathroom floor. Then I noticed one by the sink. I started to look around the room and in the beds but didn't notice any other bugs. In the morning I saw a bug crawling in the bed my kids were sleeping in. I killed it and this one was full of blood. Took a picture of the bugs, and on google images it looked exactly like bed bugs. We got another room, and upon entering there was a musty smell. The carpet was damp in areas, and the bottom of my feet was completely black after a few mins of walking on it. Our clothes had a musty smell too from the room. This hotel has been run down since we first came here years ago and management does not care. Some friends of ours that stayed here found dog food under their bed. The neighboring city of Heath has a lot better hotels!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Natasha S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hebron
Red Roof Inn Columbus East Reynoldsburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Ohio
La Quinta Inn Columbus Airport Area
Hampton Inn Heath-Newark
Courtyard Newark Granville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Heath

Been to Red Roof Inn Buckeye Lake? Share your experiences!