“Perfect family get away”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our family of 4 adults and 1 toddler stayed here for Mother's Day and really enjoyed ourselves. Loved having 2 bedrooms and 2 baths and a full kitchen and the gas fireplace. Beds were comfortable and rooms were quiet. Close to attractions that we were interested in and our son's home. Breakfast was substantial. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, hot/cold cereals, juices, waffles, yogurt kept us all happy. The toddler even enjoyed the pool! Our cooling system worked fine. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will stay at this property again when in Columbus.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 May 2014

shoddy maintenance, broken A/C, broken heat, broken dining chairs (both of them), broken bathroom tiles, mold, noisy room, breakfast not set up in lobby in the morning the staff did address the noise issues several times before the noise finally stopped This hotel should not bear the Red Roof brand, let alone the Hilton brand

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim K
TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Jim K,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. I want to assure you that what you described in your review is not normal for our hotel and it does not meet our strict standards. I will address your concerns with my staff right away to ensure that future guests do not have the same experience. Please allow us another opportunity to earn back your business on your next visit to Columbus.

Tim B.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Down home hard to find hospitality and excellence from the time we called the front desk for a room. My daughter and I had just arrived in Hilliard ohio during college graduation weekend and finding a room was difficult with expedia. My daughter got Jeff on the phone. He is beyond incredible and we felt like family before we even arrived and then that home stayed with us. He was so knowlegable and helpful even gave us directions to some of the attractions. The "home" was wonderful clean spacious and very accommodating. The hot breakfast was delicous along with very hospitable staff. Did I mention the sweet handwritten notes left by the cleaning staff (jess) for us?!!!! Also the kind and patient treatment by Jeff. Ok I did, but you cannot put a price tag on home. Thankyou Homewood suites you are the best!!!!
we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My family stayed at this hotel in April. We had a two bedroom suite. The location was covenient to I 270 and the GPS knew the way to some of the malls and restaurants without getting back onto the highway. The suite layout was decent with two bedroom with king size beds and two baths .Along with the living area this was plenty of room for four adults. There was even a fireplace. We had a problem with the cooling. We checked in on a Friday afternoon around 3. The room was stuffy so before we went out for some dinner and shopping we turned the temp down to cool the room. When we returned around 7:45 it wasn't any cooler and after checking the setting on the thermostat I called the front desk. Of course there wasn't any maintenance people available at this time. They sent up a couple of fans. What bothered me was I couldn't get a clear answer if maintenance could look at the problem on Saturday and I knew there were no more two bedroom suites available as the hotel was very full. Luckily the staff Saturday morning was more knowledgeable and assured me it would be checked out. In fact it was fixed by the time we returned on Saturday evening. The HVAC must need updating because Saturday the desk called to retrieve the fans because another room was having the same problem. As I've seen some other reviews mentioning heating and cooling difficulties perhaps it's time for some updates.

Breakfast was OK. Cereal, one type of pastry, waffles and some breads. One hot item each morning and some fruit.

I can't comment on the evening meal and beverages because we weren't there on a night they were offered.

We would go back? I would be careful of the heating and cooling and maybe askfor a room with a newer system. I would also mention that the bedroom with the heating in it was a bit noisy when the unit kicked on. Perhaps not good for a light sleeper

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Jsidebo,
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad to hear that our location was convenient and you found your suite to be spacious. I'm very sorry that the HVAC system in your room was malfunctioning, but I'm glad that my staff was able to get it fixed for you. I am sorry that they didn't give you a better idea of when it would be fixed, and I will address that with them. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Columbus Hilliard very soon.

Tim B.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

In early April, my husband and I were traveling from the East Coast to the Midwest and back again. We were fortunate to discover the Homewood Suites in Hilliard, Ohio. Not only do they accept travelers with pets but the property is in a good location to I-270, in a nice neighborhood for getting the dog a walk, and close to restaurants and coffee shops. The accommodations are clean and quiet. The complimentary breakfast bar is great. Having a full size refrigerator in the room and dish ware made a very late night supper from our packed food supply perfect. I could leave the remaining food in the frig, ready for the next day's travel. And, my ice packs were refrozen and ready to use the next morning.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is our usual place to stay in Columbus. We like it because we like the 2 bedroom suite. It gives us togetherness and separation. very comfortable and clean. Some of the furnishings are rather worn and will need to be replaced soon. Sometimes the other guests are not as quiet as we would like but the hotel can't help that too much.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Room was very nice. It was clean and had all the furnishing. The hotel was booked with a kids sporting event so the halls were busy and the breakfast was extremely busy. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#24 of 145 in Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!