“Great Hotel in Need of Face Lift - Terrific Value”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband are currently staying at the hotel while I have business in Columbus. It is a great commute for me with none of the hassles of staying in downtown Columbus (about 15-20 minutes). I love the free parking, free WIFI, free breakfast and free dinner. The rooms are spacious and have a complete kitchen with microwave, apartment-size refrigerator, dishwasher, 2 burner stop-top, and full kitchen accessories. This is probably the best deal in the area especially if you're on a budget.

My only complaint with the hotel is that it needs a face lift. The carpets and furniture are older (they still have some life in them) and the walls need a coat of paint. Also. if there is a way to soundproof the rooms that would be great. This is the week of the Ohio State Fair and there are a lot of families with young children who are running and jumping in the room above us. We did call the front desk and to complain when it sounded and felt like they were going to come through the ceiling. The front desk immediately contacted the other room and it quieted down. This bit of inconvenience will not deter me from staying here again when I am in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor if you don't want any noise overhead.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped overnight on our way from North Carolina to Wisconsin. The front desk was able to find us a dog-friendly suite near the back door, and seemed more concerned with the breed of dog than the size restriction. He assured me Golden Retrievers were welcome. The outdoor pet area is actually part of a business park pond/ parkway, so it was sizable, clean, and even had a walkway around the pond. $25 pet fee for the first night, $10 for subsequent nights (flat fee - not per pet).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The beds and pillows are extremely comfortable. The hot breakfasts are better than any other hotel that I have stayed in-with plenty of seating area. The motel is very clean and quiet. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph D
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have been using this hotel for about a year for business travel. The location to our facility, ease of access and location compared to dining and shopping are excellent. The staff are always friendly and helpful and the facilities are clean and well maintained. There is a nice green area directly behind the hotel for walking and relaxing. I always enjoy my stay here.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed at this property for one evening because of business in the area. I was welcomed at the front desk by a very helpful young woman. I have stayed at quite a few other Homewood Suites and this was one of the nicest - exceptionally clean - the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was good. It is conveniently located just off I-270 and there are several restaurants in the immediate area.

Room Tip: I always request rooms by elevator for convenience. In some cases, this can be noisy, but with the...
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed 5 nights at the end of June for Fencing Tournament in a 1 bedroom suite. Had the space we needed and convenience of a kitchen and use of the laundry facilities. The pool was a bit too chilly so we didn't use it after the first time. The evening dinners outshined the average breakfast, Stuffed peppers, salad and bread sticks one night, chicken florentine, salad, green beans and bread sticks another night. All the staff were friendly. Convenient location with a Mexican and an Italian restaurant next door, easy access and short drive to airport and convention center. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. I did have a hard time getting the thermostat set where I wanted it, it always seemed a little too cold or a little to warm, but I think it was more my ineptness. The furnishings were in good repair and I would stay again if in the area in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have visited Columbus, OH many times in the last year or two. We visited for medical reasons mainly. We have found that Homewood Suites by Hilton on Park Mill Run drive to be the best in amenities as well as the following : cleanliness, friendliness of staff, room size and accessibility. I am in a wheelchair and we stay in their two bedroom suite. It has everything anyone could need or want for a short stay or extended one as we have taken. The only thing I can think that it is missing, is a small oven. It has a full size refrigerator and a two burner cook top as well as microwave oven . It is the perfect spot to stay in the Columbus. Its about twenty minutes from everywhere you'd need or want to go in the area. We would reccomend this hotel to everyone! A plus!

Room Tip: Call early to get reservations.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU
Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbus Dublin
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#26 of 145 in Columbus
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!