“Perfect for families”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Dallas, TX
“Perfect for families”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed one night (Friday) and were so pleased with the room. We got a 2 bedroom suite for our family of four plus dog. The beds were extremely comfortable with soft pillows and firm mattress. The duvet really makes for a higher quality bedding experience. The continental breakfast was complimentary and it was great! Large selection and filled our bellies for the next 7 hours in the car. The hotel was very quiet on this night. We met friends near OSU for dinner and it took no time at all to get back to the hotel. An easy 15 minute drive. I cannot recommend this property enough. Met all of our needs and exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Swanton, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at Homewood Suites. Having a separate area for the parents and kids was a much more pleasant experience than what we've had in the past with just one big room. We didn't have to sit in the dark and be quiet after our son fell asleep at 8:30! And the kitchen was a big help. Everything was clean and welcoming. Breakfast in the morning was a great perk too!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Homewood Suites. My rooms were wonderful, the staff was great, and very helpful. I felt very safe in the hotel area. The breakfast was yummy! I did see the exercise and pool area and I wish I would have been able to use hem, but I did not have enough extra time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel lobby seemed clean, room was clean with the exception of dirty, damp towels still in the bathroom. The breakfast was not so great and there was no hotel staff monitoring the area if you needed help with something. It's not a bad place to stay, the bed was comfy and it seemed safe, however for the price I expect better.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Shannonj785,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Homewood Suites Columbus Hilliard. I'm glad to hear you found your bed comfortable and the hotel clean. Please accept my apologies that our complimentary breakfast did not meet your expectations. We do have a breakfast host that should be in the area at all times. I will be sure to share your concerns with my staff to ensure future guests do not have the same problem. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to make up for this on your next trip to the area.

Tim B.
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My husband, toddler, and myself were in Columbus for a wedding, and we tacked on a couple of extra days to hit the Columbus Zoo. I am a huge fan of the Homewood Suites in general, as I really prefer the option of staying in lodgings that provide me with a kitchen and at least one separate bedroom. We stayed in a two bedroom non-smoking suite.

The suite was comfortable and clean. The rooms themselves appear to be a bit on the older side--you can see the evidence of years of use throughout the space, but this did not impact our stay negatively. The included breakfast was suitable for my family and had enough variety to keep us all happy. The pool was clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed swimming in it.

My biggest negative: the AC unit appears to be located in a locked closet in one of the bedrooms, and it was very loud. I brought a white noise machine with me, and it still woke me up every time it kicked on in the middle of the night. Something to keep in mind if you are a light sleeper!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Greenfield, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband are currently staying at the hotel while I have business in Columbus. It is a great commute for me with none of the hassles of staying in downtown Columbus (about 15-20 minutes). I love the free parking, free WIFI, free breakfast and free dinner. The rooms are spacious and have a complete kitchen with microwave, apartment-size refrigerator, dishwasher, 2 burner stop-top, and full kitchen accessories. This is probably the best deal in the area especially if you're on a budget.

My only complaint with the hotel is that it needs a face lift. The carpets and furniture are older (they still have some life in them) and the walls need a coat of paint. Also. if there is a way to soundproof the rooms that would be great. This is the week of the Ohio State Fair and there are a lot of families with young children who are running and jumping in the room above us. We did call the front desk and to complain when it sounded and felt like they were going to come through the ceiling. The front desk immediately contacted the other room and it quieted down. This bit of inconvenience will not deter me from staying here again when I am in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor if you don't want any noise overhead.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Madison, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stopped overnight on our way from North Carolina to Wisconsin. The front desk was able to find us a dog-friendly suite near the back door, and seemed more concerned with the breed of dog than the size restriction. He assured me Golden Retrievers were welcome. The outdoor pet area is actually part of a business park pond/ parkway, so it was sizable, clean, and even had a walkway around the pond. $25 pet fee for the first night, $10 for subsequent nights (flat fee - not per pet).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/Polaris
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus/OSU
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus / Dublin
Hampton Inn Columbus West
Hampton Inn Columbus West
#20 of 143 in Columbus

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!