“One of the better Comfort Inns” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“One of the better Comfort Inns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have stayed at a lot of Comfort Inns and this was one of the best ones. The front desk staff was very helpful - thanks Tim! We had one room as a contestant on Cash Explosion and were able to have additional rooms for the family right next door. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Good value for the cost and a convenient location.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susan W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

I am in Hilliard on business once a week and while I can stay at many different hotels, this is the one that always gets my call. The staff is very nice, room is always clean and they have always taken care of any problems I have had immediately. I have seen how patient the staff is, even with difficult customers, and wish all the places I stay would be as accomodating.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Andrew L,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your last trip to Hilliard/Columbus. We greatly appreciate your business as I know there are many options in our area. Also, a big thank you for the wonderful compliments! The staff was very happy to hear what you had to say, especially Dave at our front desk. I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Tyrone Morton
Conway, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

As a business traveler, I found the location convenient and easy to find. You cannot find a more caring and attentive staff; they were very nice and accommodating. Rooms were comfortable and clean and the hotel offered a great hot breakfast, which was a nice start to my day. Noise level was minimum to none. I will recommend this hotel to fellow travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, but the lobby shabby. The rooms were dated and shabby. One bed had some foreign substance on the bed cover. The breakfast was below par for Comfort Suites. The overall impression was that the motel is not up to Comfort Suite standards.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Roger B,
Thank you for your review of my hotel. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations. We are very excited to announce that we are scheduled for a full renovation in 2014. I hope that you can give us another chance to exceed your expectations on your next trip to Columbus.

Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Comfort Suites in Hilliard, Ohio. I did read the reviews which seemed a little mixed, but we were very pleased. There seemed to be only one person at the front desk and I think they might have been stretched a bit, but still very pleasant and we only waited a minute or two for her to come out and check in was smooth (we had reservations). Good directions on where to park that was closest to our room. Very clean room, the heater worked which was a good thing since it was chilly outside - it made the usual creeky noises these room heaters make when starting up, but nothing out of the ordinary, my furnace at home makes these noises, too. The usual "Choice Hotels" type of amenities in the bathroom which are fine, but nothing fancy. We like having the large suite when in one place for a few days, there was a couch to stretch out on, a good working desk with an extra 4 outlet plus on the desk for all netbook, phone, etc. I always welcome extra outlets because there are all too often not enough in a hotel room. Mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot also in the room. The room was cleaned each day, all was fine except there was no restocking of bathroom cups, we just used the coffee cups and I didn't tell the staff about it because we got to the room late each night and just didn't feel like heading down to the desk for more plastic cups. Parking very adequate and well lighted. We felt safe and secure here. Good breakfast each morning with eggs, sausage or bacon, yogurt, bagels & other breakfast breads, the ever present waffle maker, fresh apples and oranges, cereal - the breakfast area was well tended to and a staff member was always nearby and busy refilling coffee and other items. Breakfast area was also clean which is not always the case. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: No busy roads close enough to this hotel that would cause excess noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

To be fair, I should state up front that we stayed at this property with a pet; as a result, the room we were given was one that was on its way to being remodeled. Apparently, it is company policy to put folks with pets who are going to have a long stay in room that will soon need to be remodeled. This makes sense, and I must say that I was grateful to this hotel for helping us get through a long move.

The hotel is well located right off 270, and it offers up dozens of restaurants and stores within an short distance. The only major critique I have of the property is that there is no automatic entry way, which must present a difficulty for anyone with mobility issues. Ironically, the pool has a lift, which is a great feature for persons with disabilities, but I wish that the front door were more accessible.

For the most part, this was a solid hotel stay. The breakfast was very good, and really, if you are looking for a place to stay for a night or to stay with a pet, it is a good choice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Chatto,
Thanks for your review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your pet. My apologies, however, that we do not have an automatic front door. I hope that should you find yourself in need of a hotel in Columbus again, you will choose to stay with us.

Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel last night 10/15/13 and the room was a mess. Popcorn on the floor, water spots on the mirrors, faucets and back splash. Urine on the toilet seat and down there hair on the bathroom floor. The night manager cleaned our room while we were out, but when we went to go to bed we found that the bed sheets were dirty/not changed. Major ick factor!!! My mother used to work in hotel housekeeping and this never would've passed an audit. Housekeeping really needs to be audited closer.

Room Tip: Make sure to check your bed sheets and bathroom at check in.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TMIHospitality, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Kalerina,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear you had a negative experience while you were our guest. Please accept my apology that your room was not properly cleaned. I will be addressing your comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure this doesn't happen again. Please allow us the opportunity to host you again, and show you the level of service of which we are capable.

Tyrone M.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
BEST WESTERN Suites
BEST WESTERN Suites
#21 of 143 in Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus - Dublin
Red Roof PLUS+ Columbus Dublin
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard

Been to BEST WESTERN Hilliard Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!