“Good choice not far from OSU Medical”

Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed here during a recent trip to OSU Medical Center - it was about a 10 minute drive not on the interstate to the hospital.
The view from my room was not the greatest (parked 18 wheelers) but the room was comfortable, clean, quiet.
Complimentary breakfast and free parking of course are also pluses. There's a McDonalds, Wendy's, and a few chains up the road. If you go a little further there are 2 Paneras. I really liked Belle's Breads which was 15-20 minutes away but a local treat and pleasant drive.
I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 June 2013

Friendly staff and inviting hotel. Served our purpose just fine! Passing through this area was a easy and convenient to restaurant and destinations in the area. Would stay again. Affordable, clean, smelled fresh and nicely greeted.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I needed a place to stay on a business trip and this was an excellent choice. The heavy construction in the area (June 2013) is a bit of a drawback. However the wonderful service and value by far makes up for any traffic issues. I am a repeat visitor, and will continue to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Staff was rude and late in their work. Was unable to find assistance in this or at other times. One of the worse experiences I have had at Hampton Inn. The worst was at what my wife and I call the Hanoi Hilton in the Washington DC area (near Dulles) There the staff lied about a package delivery. Its delivery was denied by the staff for 5 days. When I contacted the shipper they confirmed of it delivery 7 days previously. It was not until I confronted the assitant manager with this information that the package was found. At this situation I was actually concern for my well being by the attitude taken by kitchen staff when I simple asked if the breakfast area was open at 0610 (it was suppose to be open at 0600 and was not ready until 0630

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
chispascruz, General Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

We appreciate the insight you provided regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I understand from your review that you were not entirely satisfied with your visit and we came up short of delivering a hospitality experience consistent with your expectations. Please be assured that your review will be taken into consideration so that we may improve our guests’ in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality you anticipated.

Again, thank you very much for your review and we sincerely hope that you will provide us a future opportunity to regain your confidence while visiting our hotel.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Accommodations were excellent. Very clean rooms...we had adjoining rooms to accommodate my daughters and grand children. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again. The downtown location was near everything we wanted to see and do.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The room was very clean, the bed was very conformable, and the pull out bed was not the best but still was sleep able for one night. My guests and i made the trip from PA for the rock on the range and were very happy to be able to come back to a nice clean place to rest after a long day! I would highly recommend this hotel to a friend who needed a location that was close to the city but did not want to pay the higher prices of a city hotel. the commute to the stadium only took us 10 minutes and the continental breakfast was very good way to start out our morning

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Don't stay at the Hilliard, Ohio Hampton, Inn. At 4;45 PM on 5/23/13 Two men, both over six foot tall and 200 pounds, plus a 60 pound dog opened the door to my room and walked in without knocking. My V.A. PTSD Service Dog sleepingle by the A/C unit ferously charged the door. Both men and dog back peddled out of the room closing the door on my dog with her butt in the room and head in the hall. Neigher the men or dog had any identification. The men claimed they were doing room inspections for bugg's and were given the master key by the manager. Manager confirmed and told me to get over it. Returned back to the motel at 9:35 PM to find a pitch dark parking lot. Asked the manager why the lights were out in the parking lot and she said because she forgot to turn then on. I was told if I didn't like it to call 1-800-Hampton. Went to the room and picked up the phone only to find it wasn't turned on. Guess manager was doing me a favor my letting me stay in an empty Hampton Facility. Definately one of the lesser Hampton Inn's. Reservation was made a week in advance sight on seen, and selected by close location to a high school graduation. DON'T STAY HERE!!!! Hampton should take away their franchise name because they will hurt your reputation. I could write more, but you get the gest of my frustrated experinence and concern over the damage done to my trained V.A. PTSD Service Dog. Sure hope someone calls me to hear the rest of the story.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank William N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
4 mi away
Comfort Suites Columbus West Hilliard

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!