“Extremely noisy!”

Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hilliard
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Location is great and the room could use some updating but the noise was terrible. The hallway noise and doors slamming was very disruptive and load. I don't think I would choose this particular location again unless they did some sort of updating or remodeling to sound proof the rooms better. After all what is comes down to is getting a good night sleep. How can that happen with ALL the noise!!

1  Thank Kendra L

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Convenient location near a Model Train Show at the Franklin County Fair Grounds. Also with in 6 hours of Buffalo, NY. My wife loved the complementary breakfast. We will stay here again for next years Train Show.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this property over the weekend as my kids were playing in the Starburst Spectacular soccer tournament. I booked this property for two reasons (1) cheaper rates than other hotels sponsoring the event and (2) offering of hot breakfast. I had no issues with our room, however, breakfast is another story. Breakfast was to begin at 6 am which worked perfect for us because our game was at 7:30. We arrived at the breakfast area around 6:10 am and there was no hot food to be found - save the pot of oatmeal that may have been cooking for a few minutes because even though it was boiling, the oats were not cooked. The bananas looked as though they had been there for 10 days as the peelings were black. There was cereal available, but no milk. When I inquired on the milk, I was informed they were having trouble with the stove - not sure what that had to do with the milk?? I proceeded to the front desk to inquire on a "to go" bag for breakfast and was advised I would have to go back to the breakfast area and ask them. By this time, we were running late to be on the soccer fields and I wasn't happy. In the end, we were finally given some brown paper bags with muffins, granola bars, and apples and got some bottled water from the front desk so we could be on our way. I cancelled my reservation for the next night and re-booked elsewhere. For a Hilton property, I was both surprised and displeased with the breakfast issues. Should our soccer travels bring us to this tournament again, I will not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel, very clean and the bed was so comfortable! Emily at the front desk was beyond fantastic, super friendly and very helpful. Definitely plan on staying there again! The only negative is the pool was closed while we were staying, but I didn't plan on swimming anyway. Great experience!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Crummy accommodations. Breakfast bar food was sparse and counters were sloppy with food spilled and no one cleaned up. Coffee bar was sloppy. Room had filthy carpet with huge spills all over. Wallpaper falling off the corner wall. Expensive for quality!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Esta C
Amanda S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on your breakfast experience at our hotel. I am so sorry that our provided items were not the quality expected and we are taking your recommendation into consideration. We look for reviews to provide insight, so I really appreciate your feedback. Our housekeeping staff has been notified of the cleanliness issues you've mentioned and will be taking steps to improve. Thank you again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Room was not clean, cobwebs on the ceiling, ants and the couch was dirty and torn. I have stayed at several Hampton Inns and have never seen these conditions before. I would not stay at this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Overall the stay was fine. A little pricey. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean with the exception of the sock someone left behind under the footstool - obviously the furniture is not moved when vacuuming. Could step up the breakfast quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hilliard
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbus Hilliard
Best Western Hilliard Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Columbus Dublin
Comfort Suites Columbus West Hilliard
Fairfield Inn & Suites Columbus West/Hilliard
Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Dublin

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Columbus Hilliard? Share your experiences!