“Sushi and More - Who Doesn't Love Weekly Specials?!”
Review of Spicy Tuna

Spicy Tuna
Ranked #10 of 59 Restaurants in Holland
Reviewed 19 January 2012

As crazy as this may sound, the first thing that struck me about Spicy Tuna was how good it smelled! This is quite possibly the most welcoming restaurant I have been to in a long time. From the moment we walked in the door, the staff was incredibly friendly. The host was very cheerful and the waitress came to our table just enough (not one of those who come and talk to you when you have your mouth full!). The decor was very nice and it was so clean! There were a bunch of TVs too: this would be a great place to watch a game! The food was excellent too: not only was there wide variety of sushi options, but the full menu had so many options. Even if you don't like sushi there will be something here for you to eat. The prices were very reasonable too and there are nightly specials. Who doesn't love half off sushi? Something else that grabbed my attention: it was very busy the entire time we were there: for me, when it comes to going out for sushi this is a great sign. You know it's good when it's popular. The only downside is that this is a bit of a far drive for me; however, if you are in the Spring Meadows shopping area this is definitely a great place to come for a bit to eat and for a drink!

Reviewed 21 October 2011

I was not impressed with spicy tuna at all. Our sushi rolls can out looking like a some who didn't know what they were doing rolled them, and they weren't very good. there was nothing really to set them apart to make me come back. The sushi itself was way below average, maybe on a Wednesday when it is half i would return, but never to pay full price.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

We've been to the Spicy Tuna twice and will continue to go back when we crave sushi or chinese. Go after 6pm on Wednesday for 1/2 price rolls and saki. Service is good. Atmosphere is creative. They've used paver rocks to make the bar and bench seating. I noticed they're advertising live entertainment and karaoke ... we'll have to check it out!

3  Thank TeriNick
Reviewed 6 July 2011

my girlfriend and i decided to try this restaurant after hearing rave reviews from one of my coworkers. i was a bit skeptical at first because i'm not a big fan of sushi, but my girlfriend is. however, they have a full menu of what i would call 'regular' chinese food as well and it was excellent! my girlfriend loved her sushi and i was very satisfied with my entree. we have already been back a few times and plan on making this one of our regular spots! also, the service was friendly and fast.

2  Thank ucfan89
Reviewed 23 March 2011

My friends and I decided to go celebrate Saint Pattie's Day. Of all the places to celebrate, we ended up at a curious little place called 'Spicy Tuna'. So, we whipped out our kimono that had green on them and headed out for sushi and drinks! I loved the place, and intend on going back more. The night ended up with us enjoying a full range of activities: great food, great drinks, and a game of pool in our kimono.

*Service - 5/5 stars
*Food - 5/5 Stars (They offer American, Chinese, Japanese). I had my standard green tea and fried rice, while my friends had sushi, salmon, and steak. Photos are below of the food. My friends are seasoned sushi snobs, having eaten at every location around town and then some...Spicy Tuna is now their favorite place for sushi. The servicing size is on average to generous - no one left hungry. I was not particularly impressed with the green tea, no biggie. The selection of sushi rolls is pretty big.
*Drinks - 5/5 , that is easily imo the best bar in town. We went on the half off martini night and between us we had around 7 drinks, all of them impressive. My favorite of the drinks was the green tea martini, YUMMY! Service was super fast, the bar staff were really nice and involved.
*Prices - 5/5 stars, check out the daily specials! Some of them are outstanding such as 1/2 off all sushi. Specials are online at: http://www.spicytunasushi.com/index.php?p=1_16_Daily-Specials
*Decor - 3/5 ....this isnt what you would expect. The setting was very casual and laid back, the sort of place you go to sit back and relax after a hard day of work. Inside is not a very oriental style, but rather something strange. It reminds of what a restaurant in Tokyo would do to be more 'American'. I liked the decor, but I don't know if others would get into it. Either way, pretty casual and nice. This place doesn't pretend to be a high class super stuffy location. If it were to be described in a two words: casual, fun.
*Entertainment - The pool room is pretty epic, you need to see it first hand. There is a rotating live performance setup - info is on the menu. While we were there a young man was playing solo, he was pretty good.

1  Thank OhioTea