“Great Value for a Suite”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Holland/toledo Area
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Holland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. It is old, rundown and dirty. I should have known something was up when they had me sign a "no party" agreement when we checked in. People were up and loud all night long. They obviously don't enforce their "party" policy. There was trash on the bathroom floor. I slept with a towel on my pillow because the pillows were gross. A number of the light bulbs were out when we arrived. There was nothing good about this hotel.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Rooms were great for our job in Toledo, 2 bedroom was a bedroom and a loft upstairs, 3 televisions, 2 bathrooms, this was great for myself and my nephew who was working for me. My nephew was able to complete his college work upstairs while I was able to have my own privacy downstairs. Full kitchen enabled us to pack a lunch and take it to work with us. Crystal assisted us with our reservations and was very professional. We are going on our third week of work here and will continue to stay here until the job is completed in June. They provided us with a light dinner on Wednesday evenings also.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Pictures on the website seem to give this place better appeal than it really has. Everything is old and outdated. It just seems like the place is being held together, not any meaningful renovations. It isn't very clean either. Also, we were told at check in that they had just replaced a bunch of room TVs, because someone had broken in and stolen them. This did not give me much comfort. I made sure we left no valubles in the room when we weren't there. We had to ask for sheets for the pull out bed. Also, we had only 2 towels in the room. A room that sleeps 4 people, should have 4 towels. I shouldn't have to ask for more towels or sheets. Overall the place just gave me a sad feeling being there. I couldn't wait to leave.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stay at many $45 - $65 hotels. Most are OK. This one had
1. A mediocre reception on checkin.
2. Dirty, unvacuumed carpets.
3. Dirt (not just a bit of dust) on the top of the refrigerator. Obvious to 5'8" me, but invisible to my 5'3" wife. Need taller housekeepers?
4. One glass in the suite's kitchen. Only one. No others real or disposable glasses anywhere. (Kitchen did have two old fashioned coffee cups as well.)
5. Generally bedraggled furniture, walls, carpet, outdoor maintenance, etc. This I can understand in a cheap place

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Terrible in every sense of the word! We made reservations for 2 nights as my wife competed at the Glass City Half Marathon. Rooms were dirty, not all lights working, mattress bulky, beds sloppy in appearance. Dirty carpet. Paint job resembling a little kid's first practice with the brush. time. Unfriendly reception desk personnel, especially the older woman. We looked at two suites, one old, the other supposedly newly renovated. Absolutely no sign of renovation. As an architect I would have recognized any improvements to the suite. It was the absolute king of the dump! Never again...

Room Tip: It seems there are no good rooms.