Econo Lodge
US$151
US$108
US$96
Country Inn
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The room was not clean, I have to change the room. Even the changed room was very bad. Wash basin was not clean, full od dust, was afraid to touch anything, I changed 2 rooms, both was bad. I have settle, because I had already paid and I was kids.

Room Tip: I changed 2 rooms, both was bad. I have settle, because I had already paid and I was kids.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Peter M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Dear Shashi Kumar K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize that this was your experience. I would like to assure you that we now have a full change of staff and our rooms are inspected daily to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. Please call me at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel is old and needs drastic measures to bring it to even budget standards. The breakfast was sparse at best. We slept a little late, and wanted to just grab a piece of fruit and go, we did, but meanwhile there were at least 4 sign that said No take outs. Food must remain in room, and that ilk. The same desk clerk who checked us in at 5:00 PM, was still there, same clothes at 8:30 AM. He had obviously slept there. All in all it was a run down dump.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hello linnerone,

I am sorry that this was your experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that our rooms are in the process of being updated and that if you come stay with us again, I think you’ll be surprised. I do apologize for the signs telling you not to take food back to your room, but it is to prevent spills of coffee and food to the floors and furniture of our rooms. Please give me a call at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The place was not very clean, needed sweeping, mirrors not clean. Bed was ok and clean. The rooms needed updating. We were put in between noisy people. In and out of their cars all night long. We ask to be put in a quiet location. The breakfast was not very good either. Place were to eat needed to be updated. Food needs to be better.

Room Tip: Not very good to go to. Price was good. Good location, near a mall and restaurants but needs updating.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon W

Dear Sharon W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that this was your experience while staying at our hotel. I just want you to know that our rooms are being renovated and are inspected daily for cleanliness and maintenance issues. I do apologize about the loudness of other guests. If there is a room preference you have next time you come into town, I can be sure to accommodate you. Please give me a call at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Purposely booked this hotel because of the in-room hot tub, to use after riding a motorcycle for about 9 hours. The raised hot tub had NO step to get in. I am not short, but we both had a hard time getting in and out and it is actually quite dangerous.
The 'gentleman' who checked us in was arguing on the phone with a potential guest as I now read from others. The only 2 good things I can say is that the towels were very soft and the a/c worked really well.
The room is very dated, and did not look like it was a clean as others we have stayed in that are part of the Choice hotels group.
I would seriously consider renting somewhere else if you have a choice.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WINGGIRL66
Reviewed 5 August 2012

We came to this motel after we had a fire in our house, our contractor is paying for this. Just staying while home is being repaired. We thought it was ok at first, free wi-fi, a microwave,fridge.
It has definately NOT been ok here. The first night we were scared out of our minds because there were people outside all evening and into the night who appeared to be engaged with a drug deal. After that, there were men who were outside our room all evening talking and singing every evening for a week. We were afraid to leave the room to go out to the car.

We have two beds, and they are definately NOT full size. The mattresses must be very old because my back is hurting and it is difficult to get any rest. There are cigarette burns in the blankets; my room is supposed to be nonsmoking. As to cleanliness, the staff do not even come to remove the trash or clean the toilet. You can have clean towels if you ask. I quickly discovered that the microwave cord did not reach an outlet! In addition, the majority of the outlets in the room need updating and do not work. And the fridge. The seal on the fridge is not good, and the fridge will not keep things cold. There is no ice bucket for the room either.

The free continental breakfast?? Not my definition of a continental breakfast. Bananas and on occasion strawberries. Two different kinds of stale cereal and doughnuts. I have watched the manager take the uneaten doughnuts and put them in the freezer for the next day.

And the manager of this motel was foreign and extremely difficult to communicate with. It was difficult to understand him, and when telling him something he typically had a standard response. Getting him to understand what was being said was not easy, and generally not worth the bother.

I would not recommend this motel to anyone. Even at a bargain price it is too much!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family