“Yuck”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Carpet was dirty. Blanket on bed had stains and a large hole from a cigaret burn. There are several motels in same area that are probably better. This one is cheap otherwise I don't recommend it. I got there and the parking lot snow had not been plowed and I had to walk though several inches of snow to get to room. Continental breakfast is poor

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Rex G
Peter M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Dear Rex G,

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay. I want to assure you that our rooms are now being updated with hardwood flooring and all rooms are updated with new bed linens. I do understand that our breakfast is limited, however it is delicious and you can choose from fresh doughnuts, muffins, cereal, toast, and fruit. Please call me at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

It was cheap and the front desk responded to needs, but many issues: smelly room, towel rack fell off wall. Looked like sheet were not totally clean. Iron looked like it had burn marks, so did not use.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello David S,

I do apologize that this is what you encountered during your stay with us. I would like to let you know that my staff and I are continually in the process of inspecting our rooms for cleanliness and are fixing any maintenance issues that may arise. Please contact me at 419-865-6565 so we can discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here because we were just passing through the area and didn't want to spend a fortune. Our room was not clean, and the continental breakfast consisted of stale donuts and cereal. I later found a bedbug in my luggage! My advice is to avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank saraaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hello saraaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that this was your experience at our hotel. I would like you to know that we now have a full change of staff, and I would like to assure you that are rooms are being inspected daily to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. Please call me at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

The room was not clean, I have to change the room. Even the changed room was very bad. Wash basin was not clean, full od dust, was afraid to touch anything, I changed 2 rooms, both was bad. I have settle, because I had already paid and I was kids.

Room Tip: I changed 2 rooms, both was bad. I have settle, because I had already paid and I was kids.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Shashi Kumar K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I apologize that this was your experience. I would like to assure you that we now have a full change of staff and our rooms are inspected daily to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. Please call me at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel is old and needs drastic measures to bring it to even budget standards. The breakfast was sparse at best. We slept a little late, and wanted to just grab a piece of fruit and go, we did, but meanwhile there were at least 4 sign that said No take outs. Food must remain in room, and that ilk. The same desk clerk who checked us in at 5:00 PM, was still there, same clothes at 8:30 AM. He had obviously slept there. All in all it was a run down dump.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hello linnerone,

I am sorry that this was your experience at our hotel. I would like to assure you that our rooms are in the process of being updated and that if you come stay with us again, I think you’ll be surprised. I do apologize for the signs telling you not to take food back to your room, but it is to prevent spills of coffee and food to the floors and furniture of our rooms. Please give me a call at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

The place was not very clean, needed sweeping, mirrors not clean. Bed was ok and clean. The rooms needed updating. We were put in between noisy people. In and out of their cars all night long. We ask to be put in a quiet location. The breakfast was not very good either. Place were to eat needed to be updated. Food needs to be better.

Room Tip: Not very good to go to. Price was good. Good location, near a mall and restaurants but needs updatin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon W

Dear Sharon W,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry that this was your experience while staying at our hotel. I just want you to know that our rooms are being renovated and are inspected daily for cleanliness and maintenance issues. I do apologize about the loudness of other guests. If there is a room preference you have next time you come into town, I can be sure to accommodate you. Please give me a call at 419-866-6565 to discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

Purposely booked this hotel because of the in-room hot tub, to use after riding a motorcycle for about 9 hours. The raised hot tub had NO step to get in. I am not short, but we both had a hard time getting in and out and it is actually quite dangerous.
The 'gentleman' who checked us in was arguing on the phone with a potential guest as I now read from others. The only 2 good things I can say is that the towels were very soft and the a/c worked really well.
The room is very dated, and did not look like it was a clean as others we have stayed in that are part of the Choice hotels group.
I would seriously consider renting somewhere else if you have a choice.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WINGGIRL66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#3 of 6 in Holland
Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland
Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!