Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Was moving from Iowa to NY, on the way decided stay overnite at this hotel, checked in at night 11PM on 07/30/2010 with my SUV and Uhaul trailer attached, in the morning, I was woken up by cop knocking my door and letting me know that all my stuff was stolen, my car rear side window was broken, lcd tv, digital camera, passpost all my house hold stuff was stolen, uhaul trailer was unhooked from my suv and moved to side, door broken and all my stuff was stolen, some left over stuff like clothes were scattred all over on parking lot, hotel management said, they did not have video coverage till that room and taken no responsibility for the loss. I thank God I was not killed for staying here.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mkvijay74
Reviewed 2 August 2010

As we pulled in the parking area we noticed several old grills in the grass by the parking lot. The unshaven man at the check-in counter was unfriendly and spoke broken English. He handed me a key card without a sleeve and it had a huge greasy black fingerprint on it and looked very old. When I opened the door to the room I was knocked over by the oppressive smell of Pine Sol fumes. The room was totally disgusting. The carpet was stained and black, the bed had red jelly like stains on the bedspread and what appeared to be six condom wrappers were left on the other bed. The bath tub was black and filthy with huge spider webs. The sink was also dirty and there were dead bugs on the wall. The microwave had "PROPERTY OF ECONO LODGE" painted on the front....... Cigarette ashes and the smell of smoke also permeated the air.. After returning to the front desk to tell then we could not stay here because it was too dirty he remarked that the girl must have forgotten to clean that room and he had another one for us.... We said sorry but we can't stay here and we high tailed it out of there as fast as we could. There is no excuse for a hotel to be this dirty. Doesn't the main Econo Lodge office ever visit these places???????????? HORRIBLE beyond words!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank wyoder68
Reviewed 22 June 2010

I stayed at this exact hotel 15 years ago when it was the Cross Country Inn....well, I was surprised to see nothing has changed in 15 years; it's now just a dirty, smelly, run down hotel. The EXACT same wallpaper, furniture, chair, counters, etc....I think they may have changed out the carpet, but it was so filthy I couldn't tell. I was somewhat disappointed to only save $2.50 per night by booking through hotwire for $39.00. Also, no maid service or fresh towels for my second day stay. The only good thing was not too many guests, so it was quiet. You get what you pay for, I took a risk on hotwire and lost.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I stayed at this motel when I was in town to play a dance at Centennial Terrace. I chose it due mostly to the $35.00 AAA rate. It was basically acceptable but there were a couple of bumps in the road. When I arrived, I discovered that only one man ran all aspects of the operation at the office. He often had to leave to take care of some problem elsewhere. He was congenial and literally ran from point to point. I had the misfortune of being placed in a room that had not yet been cleaned and the door was ajar. I called the desk and he said he would get a maid right on it, and one did come shortly. I left for a good 20 minutes and returned. It seemed fine, although the cleaning fluids had left a strong odor. I had no problem with noisy guests but it is very near to a railroad and trains ran all night. It also is very close to I 475 and traffic is constant as well. The bed was quite small as it was just a double. It was fine for one person. The TV was good and there was cable, so you won't get bored. Many people would really nail this place, but I think you get what you pay for and the price was worthy of everything that occurred. The breakfast was just coffee and pastries, which a couple cereals as well. One amenity is that it is close to Sam's Club and Best Buy, as well as other stores in the Spring Meadows Shopping Center. You can walk to many. Restaurants are nearby as well. BTW, I will be staying there again in September when I return and imagine things will be better. I will evaluate it again after that stay, if possible.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Sliphorn
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I travel back and forth to Ohio about every 6 weeks and everytime I stay here. First visit started off great. Management was very kind and respectful and since then they remember me and always welcome me back. My children have gone with me on different occasions and have enjoyed it too. It is very affordable and I will continue to stay here and recommend it to all.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank mittyrk
Peter M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2017

Hello mittyrk,

I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay. If you are ever in the area again we would love to have you stay with us. Thanks again and safe travels.