“Truly Horrendous”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Madison, WI
“Truly Horrendous”
Reviewed 28 July 2009

First room was dirty and had a broken deadbolt on the front door. Asked for another room, and this one was not only dirty, it was infested by insects and had two populated spiderwebs. There was dust and debris collected along the walls, the bathroom grout and shower curtain were mildewed. At this point it was the middle of the night, so I just fell asleep with my clothes on. In the morning, the managers response was "oh, you were on the first floor right? Yeah, the bugs get in there. You should have told me you got one of those, and I would have moved you to another one. Or maybe we would have cleaned it up. I can't check the condition of every room every day, you know." Once a month would have been enough to prevent that pathetic showing. Not only will I never return to this hotel, I will never return to a Quality Inn period.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank MadTown1000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Please do not go by the pictures online. You will be thoughly disappointed. Staff was ok. Rooms very small and not real clean. Our room was supposed to be non-smoking. We think they took and smoking room and turned it non-smoking for the night. Could not get the smell out. Had to go get our own towels. Only one was put in the room. Bathtub looked like it had not been cleaned in months, however we tried to clean it and the stains were not removable.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LilyD58

Travellers are raving about these Holland hotels

Midwest
Reviewed 28 May 2009

Considering the room rates, the hotel was okay. Breakfast is included. Hotel is in excellent location - next to mall and restaurants. However, the staff seemed unfriendly. During check-in, we felt that the front desk staff didn't care. While we were eating breakfast, the staff started removing the stuff although there were still 15 minutes left for breakfast timings!! I hope the upper management pays attention to providing friendly service for future guests.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 February 2007

I stayed at this Quality Inn for one night on my way from Minnesota to Pennsylvania in mid-February of 2007. Though it was less-than-perfect, there were several features of this hotel that made it above average.

I checked-in very late at night, but the attendant at the front desk was still helpful and friendly. The parking was free, plentiful, and near the main entrance. The room included a microfridge, which is always helpful when traveling. The free wireless internet connection was fast and easy to use.

My greatest disappointment was the continental breakfast. The toaster and waffle-maker were not working, apparently due to a blown fuse, but this left me without any substantial breakfast.

Ultimately, only paying $30 (plus tax) through Priceline for this place was a great deal. Though this Quality Inn was unspectacular, it suited my needs perfectly.

• Liked — free, fast wireless internet connection
  • Disliked — lousy continental breakfast
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank clo110
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 July 2005

Clean and new. Rooms were simple, completely fine. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Quiet area, near convenient chain stores and restaurants (Chilis, Bob Evans very close). Free continental bfast included make your own hot waffles; the rest was typical of lower-star places: cereal, little muffins, toast, cereal, juice, coffee/tea, etc. Outdoor pool is smallish, 3-4 feet deep, perfect for kids to splash around in. Only negative thing was the pool seemed oily on top, a few head hairs floating and appeared to have been unused recently--shouldn't the filter have cleaned that up? We did not swim, but otherwise, it was definitely a stress-free stay!

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Upper Michigan
Reviewed 7 July 2004

We won this hotel on Priceline for one night, during a long car trip. We called a few days prior to arrival and asked for 2 double beds, which was granted. This was a typical Fairfield property, but the website said it had been fully renovated in 2003 and it looked brand new. The location was perfect- we spotted it from the highway, and after making a few turns through a mall parking lot, we were there. Even though you could see it from the highway, there was absolutely no highway noise, and the entire place was fairly quiet. Check in was quick and easy, and they asked my preference for which floor I wanted. I asked for a room on the first floor, and parked right in front of my door. There was no mention of Priceline. The pool (outdoor) was small, and it was closed due to recent thunderstorms in the area. The lobby was very clean and so was our room. There was a small freezer in the lobby with ice cream bars for sale, so the kids each bought one and we went to the room. We were in easy walking distance to a couple of restaurants, but we drove because of the rain. The next morning, the free breakfast was really nice- everything from bagels, cereal and rolls to "make your own waffles". The staff was very friendly and kept everything filled and clean. The kids asked the desk clerk what time the pool would open, and when he replied "8:00 AM", they dashed off to get their swimsuits. They swam until I needed to check out, and the staff was supplying pool tools already. Pool was very small, but clean and well attended. There were no additional charges upon checkout ( I did use the phone, but only with my phone card).

All in all, a very pleasant stay especially for the price.

• Stayed June 2004
3 Thank yooperchick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Quality Inn Airport? Share your experiences!