“defrauding the price”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Holland
Bremen, Ohio
“defrauding the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have stayed here fairly regularly over the last year , and doing so, I've noticed an abundance of times where the price on the sign is not what I have had to pay, they say they're all out of those rooms ,CONVENEINT HUH! I talked to the mgr./owner and said he couldn't/ better yet wouldn't do anything about it . so be it , knights inn has been consecutive on price and just as nice on the rooms, not to mention , better service, nicer people in the mgmt./owner dept. !

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank lowell c
Nilesh C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take all of our guests comments very seriously and your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry we failed to satisfy your needs during your stay. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable rooms for a reasonable price. We have Sunday special rate promotion that is currently going at the Hotel.

We are currently going through renovation which will also provide a new highway sign with updated prices daily. Our staff is always open for suggestions and we hope to give you the opportunity to satisfy your next stay with us.

Nilesh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Elyria, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was my 2nd stay at Red Roof Holland. I returned to this Inn because of my previous stay being a good experience.

I came to Toledo for an Dog Agility trial held here, last September was my 1st stay. Both times the room was CLEAN and the bed was comfortable the location was great, the area was nice. They treated my dog and I well, so I would recommend staying here if you are traveling with your dogs to this area. I will definitly stay there for my next trip in July, also for an agility trial.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Annette O
Nilesh C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review and for the kind words about our property. We are glad that you and your Pet enjoyed your second stay with us and we greatly appreciate your comments and recommendation.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel is well priced and has a very clean environment. The clerk was very helpful and friendly. My wife was very pleased with how the room was set up. She is hard to please and she definitely had a good experience too.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Matthew R
Nilesh C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hello Matthew,

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. Thank you so much for staying with us, and giving us a chance to serve you. Please do come back when you are in the area!!

Science Hill, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Rooms were very clean and accompanied by a courteous staff. Nilesh was very friendly and attentive of all our needs. He even called the room to be sure everything was OK and also remembered my name the next day. I stayed an extra day there I wasn't planning and drove 30 miles to my destination and back the next night because of the service.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DickMiller
Nilesh C, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Dick Miller,

Thank you so much for staying with us and giving us a chance to serve you. Please do come back when you are in the area.

Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I made a reservation for a Superior king size room, but they were renovating so there were no superior rooms available. I was given a much smaller king room at a discounted price.

The room was clean, and the bathroom was clean. The only problem with the room was the stained chairs.
The staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. I feel for an over night stay this was an excellent choice. While the room was small it didn't matter because we only slept there. I will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mdriver
Nilesh C, Owner at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for staying at Our Red Roof Inn, in Holland. I personally wanted to say Thank you for writing our Hotel a very first review, it means a lot!! I just wanted inform you that we have started renovating our property and once our Inn is renovated it will have lot more in room amenities such as Flat Screen TV’s, Iron and Ironing Boards, Hair Dryers, Coffee and Coffee Maker, Better Choice of Pay Per View Movies and lot more. Please do come back to visit us any time you are in the area or if you have a friend that is looking to a good deal please send then our way!!!

Once Again thank you so much!!!

Hamilton, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Obviously one of the oldest of their chain and not easily accessible. I thought the price was right but then I saw what I got. The room appearred OK until you turned on the light, but i was too tired to complain and at least the bed and bath looked clean, On the other hand the floors were dirty and the chairs were so dirty and stained that I could bring myself to sit on them, I finally covered one of them with a towel.

Wireless access, well that could be true! Maybe if they added a couple of wires, it would also work. Oh there was wireless access, but only for short 10 - 15 minute windows and then you would have to re-connect to the system again and again and again! Needless to say, I gave up on answering my email or trying to make a needed travel reservation.

Yep, you guessed it, the reservation was not for another night at this hotel. The management was informed the next morning but their response was "Yes, we know." without any type of apology for my inconvenience or concern.

Well, the old saying must hold true, you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: By the way no free breakfast here and I would suggest you skip what tasted like yesterdays coffee. A...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank D H
LSCOTT058, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
We accomodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. Our goal is to provide clean rooms and dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. Our carpets and chairs were just professionally cleaned in June.

We take all of our guests comments very seriously. I am sorry that we failed to satisfy you during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Holland hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

when I first arrived to this hotel I was skeptical about staying at a Red Roof Inn because of alot of things that I have read here on TripAdvisor. I stayed at this location because my employer pays for it. I receive the room after a 20 minute check in process with no one else in line but me. When I got in the room it smelled musty and the carpeting and furniture had stains and ground in dirt all over them. I peeled back the covers on the bed and it looked okay at the time but once I layed down I started itching. I first thought it was just my imagination but after a few hours I went into the restroom and I had red bites all over my body. I went back for a further examination of the bed and I found it least 10 bed bugs. I imediately notified the front desk and they said we can give you a different room. I was furious and said no thank you I'm just going to leave. I see here on Tripadvisor other people have complained of the same thing. I guess I should have checked TripAdvisor before checking into this property. My message to Accor Hotels is bed bugs are a serious problem! Your properties need to be treated weekly with a red cedar product that is safe for animals and humans but deadly to bed bugs. I know it cost money but once you have the reputation of having bed bugs you can never get rid of it. Your company should start taking a more aggressive approach to property cleanliness and extermination as your hotel chains is one of the largest in America. when it comes to the roof and Motel 6 I'll pass from now on!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank gpitchure
LSCOTT058, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
I would like to apologize for your stay with us. Red Roof Inns take a very proactive approach with bed bugs, we do a monthly check in all of our rooms, train our staff to look for them and if we find anything they are treated immediately regardless of the cost.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holland
Extended Stay America - Toledo - Holland
Quality Inn Airport
Quality Inn Airport
#3 of 6 in Holland
Courtyard Toledo Airport Holland
Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University

Been to Red Roof Inn - Toledo Holland? Share your experiences!