“Short Sheets - No Amenities”

Baymont Inn & Suites Huber Heights Dayton
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Huber Heights
Reviewed 27 July 2005

This was the worst Super-8 I’ve stayed at and I’ve stayed a many of their units all across the country over many years. I stayed at a Super-8 in Seymour IN the previous night and the differences were very noticeable. You generally don’t look for a lot of amenities when staying at Super-8 but this unit was bare in comparison to the unit in Seymour.
My biggest complaint was short sheets. The sheets barely came to the top of the mattress and after lying on the bed for a little while you ended up with your face on the bare mattress. I have encountered this at other motels across the country on a few occasions and it is something that really makes me angry.
I spoke to the clerk at the desk on the way out but they didn’t seem to even understand my complaint. I figured further comment would be a waste of time.
When I returned home I wrote Super-8 and was told that this unit was owned by an independent franchisee and my complaint was forwarded to them and I should receive a reply from the franchisee in 7-10 days. I never received a reply so I wrote the corporate office again. I received a polite apologetic reply and an offer of $20 off on my next stay at a Super-8.
I have friends in Dayton and will be returning to the area often, I will continue to stay at Super-8 units in the future but I will NOT ever stay at this unit again, I have found alternative choices at another chain in the area and will use them the next time.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank RonInAtlanta
baymont3930, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Huber Heights Dayton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2009

This will not happen any longer as the motel has been completely renovated in 2008-2009 and upgraded to Baymont Inn and Suites. Sorry for inconvenience!

Reviewed 17 July 2004

My family stayed at this location for one night on June 30, 2004. We were driving through Dayton, OH and wanted to stop for a day and see the Air Force Museum.

The WEB site starts that the motel offers free IMAX tickets for the Air force Museum -- when I asked the front desk about the free tickets, they did not know anything about it. I showed them a print out of their own WEB page, and they told me I would have to contact the main office for Super 8.

I sent an E-mail to Super 8, and they replied that each franchise is independently owned and operated, so I would have to contact the manager of the individual location.

Essentially, Super 8 publishes false information on their WEB site, and they no one will accept responsibilty.

Otherwise our stay was pleasant - typical of a Super 8 - no-frills motel, but I would not stay at this location again because of the false information they post on their WEB site.

• Stayed: July 2004
2  Thank MAK813

The advertising in question was from previous management and we were not aware of it. Sorry for inconvenience!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huber Heights
Hampton Inn Dayton/Huber Heights
Comfort Inn Dayton - Huber Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dayton North
Drury Inn & Suites Dayton North
Comfort Inn & Suites Dayton
Red Roof Inn Dayton North Airport

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Huber Heights Dayton? Share your experiences!