“Friendly staff, wet carpet!”

Clarion Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The place is in need of a serious update. However, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
The carpet in our room was damp and there was mold in the bathroom. They were renovating a portion of the hotel which is good to see but we were in the old part. Paying $100.00 a night, I expect a nicer room. There isn't much nearby but it was the closest thing to the national park which we were visiting.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FBBHHI
There are newer reviews for Clarion Inn & Conference Center

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were on our way to Kent, OH. This was a good stopping point just off the turnpike. Although, it was a tad difficult to find at midnight. Some signage at the Boston Mills Road/Dean Memorial Pkwy intersection would be helpful. Also, you should know that the hotel main entrance is on the backside facing the turnpike, not facing Dean Memorial Pkwy so drive around to the back. The restaurant personnel were great! Very helpful. Loved the restaurant setting for breakfast rather than the normal large open room; it was very relaxing. All staff made us feel very welcome; a nice change from the impersonal attitude at many other locations. The room was fine, not great but not bad; a step above adequate. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Trillium A
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Took off for a quiet Sunday night. It was truly that quiet. Pool was large and open served very well for a small out of town gathering. Lounge was fun with a nice menu. Rooms were clean. Very large building and you can find yourself a distance from both the pool and the bar. Will do it again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Wheretonext13
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I reserved a room through their website while on the road. I reserved a king-sized bed. We got there in the pouring rain and got checked in. We were told we could not get to our room from the front desk through the hotel, so back out into the pouring rain we went. Our room was on the other side of the large building from the front desk. We grabbed our stuff and ran to the door and got soaked while standing there swiping the key card three times before it worked. Get to the room, again trouble with the key card, and discover its two double beds! It was 1:00 in the morning and I was not loading the stuff back into the car in the pouring rain and driving back up front to complain. The room was musty and everything was damp, chairs, beds, floor, everything. The refrigerator in the room, which we really needed to use to refreeze our ice packs for our cooler, wasn't even plugged in so it was hot inside. We ended up having to stop and buy ice for our cooler as we had an entire day of traveling to do. To top it all off, the coffee maker was in the bathroom just inches from the toilet! Breakfast the next morning was good. When we checked out, I was asked how everything was. I mentioned that I had reserved a king room and got two doubles instead. She typed something into the computer and said, "I see that. You're staying another night, right?" I had just handed her my key to check out! I told her no, we were traveling through. Her response was "Well then there's nothing I can do." I realize the pouring rain was not their fault, but it made their shortcomings that much worse. Being told we could not go through the hotel to get to our room, the key card not working properly, and not being able to get to the front desk to fix the room problem without going back out in the rain. We will never be stopping here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca A
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We just needed a place to lay our heads down for the night. It was fine for that. They are in the process of remodeling which is good to see. The place needs it. The main lobby area and the restaurant are great. And most of all, the staff at the front desk and in the restaurant were wonderful. Best service for a buffet breakfast ever!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank lyle7692
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Booked into this hotel en route to Madison, Wisconsin. First impression was that it was in the middle of nowhere but this wasn’t a problem as we were passing through. The hotel is currently undergoing some refurbishment so there is some disruption, but the room was clean with comfortable bed and staff were friendly and efficient. There is a good size swimming pool and the bar and bar food met our requirements. Excellent buffet breakfast. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KathieH396
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I should have known when the Waze app tried to make me do a U-turn away from the hotel on arrival, it was not going to be a stellar property. I'm not sure if they are undergoing renovations or what, but all of the hallways either dead-end, or you have to go outside to get to the next hallway...and there are weird handmade signs hanging everywhere for directions. When you check in, the front desk offers you a map of the hotel. TAKE IT! You'll never find your room, otherwise. And when I finally arrived at my room, there was a padlocked doorway (see pic), separating my half of the hallway from the other half. I was afraid to think about who (or what) was staying in those rooms!! And the fitness center left something to be desired....the equipment was ancient. On the plus side....the king size bed was huge, and the room was pretty clean (though the coffee maker in the bathroom is kind of gross). And supposedly they offer free Wi-Fi, though the signal was so weak in my room, I couldn't access it. The bartender Kate was probably the highlight of my whole stay! She was awesome!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front desk....otherwise "you can't get there from here"
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cleveland Macedonia
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
Days Inn & Suites Richfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Macedonia
Hampton Inn Richfield
Hampton Inn Richfield
#1 of 6 in Richfield
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!