“Holiday Party”

Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We've had our holiday party at the Clarion Inn for a few years now and we have never had a bad experience. Our most recent party was Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013 and we all had a great time. The food was excellent, our room was decorated very nice and the staff was great. Easy to work with.
Thank you Everyone at the Clarion Inn for a great holiday party!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joyce A

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was the liaison for a women's retreat we had at this hotel over the weekend of October 11-13, 2013. The customer service was very timely and was provided above and beyond. I would like to especially commend Debbie Sankoe, one of the sales reps, Preston, one of the weekend managers, and especially, the extra care that was provided by housekeepers, Bryan and Chris.
There professional greetings and extraordinary assistance that they provided to one of our participants that was wheel-chair bound. Our group has used this facility for more than 10 years because we have consistently been accommodated well. We also enjoyed the Jacuzzi and suite that we used while we were there. THANKS TO THE CLARION INN STAFF FOR A WELL-ENJOYED WEEKEND IN OCTOBER 2013! --A satisfied event liaison.

Room Tip: Chose a suite, but not during the 1st weekend of October, I want to have one then (-:
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great location next to the National Park and the Tow Path bike trail.
Hotel will be great when their major remodel is done.
Enjoyed the pool and hot tub area. Good restaurant on site.
Will stay again next year when we return to ride the Hike and Bike trail that is even closer than the Tow Path.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our GPS evidently didn't believe in the Clarion Inn - it couldn't find it, OR the street it was on (Dean Memorial Parkway). It could find the closest street, but the highway didn't have an exit there, so we went down about 5 miles and found our way back. The inn itself was decent, clean, comfortable, decent value. It was hectic, as there was a convention going on. There were spots that the hotel showed a bit of wear - such as the three layers of peeling paint on the stair rail - but it didn't affect comfort. The staff was super-nice. The breakfast buffet was standard, and uninspired, but the right price as they gave free vouchers.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2013

With a heavy heart I write an unfavorable review for this hotel. Every staff member I met was so nice and genuinely seemed to care about their guests. The problem is they have a hotel that is old and needs a lot of work. Worse than that they have smoking rooms that smell up the entire hotel and they are pet friendly. As a person who stays in a lot of hotels with asthma and allergies this was one of my worst experiences.
We used one of the conference rooms which was very nice. Our meals were also part of the package and were served on time, were very good and the staff was excellent.
The hotel restaurant breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired. The food didn't seem fresh. I don't know that it wasn't fresh but with everything in the hotel being so run down it didn't leave a good lasting impression.
Our group had a block of ten rooms. Two of which ended infested with fleas which left the rest of us paranoid for the next two days. We were placed on the second floor which was outside, down a long hallway, then up a set of stairs (no elevator). The door to our section of the hotel did not shut all the way which meant it didn't require you to use your room key to get in. I will never stay here again and will not recommend it to anyone. Again, I feel sorry for the staff.

Room Tip: If you must stay here ask to see your room before you move anything in the room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank woopif
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is an older hotel but it has been updated in many ways. Room was clean, it had a flat screen tv and a comfy bed. Staff was awesome! Very friendly! Hotel has a huge bar that serves food, and they have an awesome breakfast with bacon, french toast, eggs and potatoes. This hotel is a good value and it's very close to the Cuyahoga national park.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LunarLibra
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was here couple years ago, and although older hotel I remembered they have very good service and staff. When I pulled into the lot it looked like new Hotel freshly painted and new parking lot.
When I checked in I was amazed at seeing many of the same friendly faces from my last stay, it appears as they are in the middle of a major renovation project and I was told that a elevator had been installed and would be opened in few weeks at a new entry area that is almost completed as well. Im staying here for a week and am very happy with everything. Since my last stay they have new beds that are very comfortabe and bathrooms have been updated, as well as new large screen plasma televisions with free HBO. And another nice surprise was the free breakfast each day, very good hot breakfast buffet in a estaurant with servers that keep the coffee filled and are super nice. The staff are all so very nice and constantly asking if everthing ok with my room and can they help wiyh anything, and I kinda feel as if Im at home or staying with relatives.
This by far is the best Hotel I've stayed it in many years and will always book here when business brings me to area, and the great rates will insure I will be booking here.

Room Tip: Be sure to check this Hotel out, great rooms, service and rates.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank john j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 5 in Stow

Been to Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center? Share your experiences!