“Good place overall”

Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean, and fairly well kept. The check in was fast, and pretty much everything was as it should be. It's an older hotel, and the building itself could use some work, but the room was decent. The bed was on the firm side, but doable for a night. The parking lot is massive, so if you have a truck, it's a good place to stay. Now, location. It's right off 80 ( Ohio turnpike) which is nice, but bring food and drinks. There are no restaurants, stores or anything close by. Nothing even within sight, let alone walking distance. It's not something they can help, but it's worth mentioning.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I'm the foreman of a construction crew and was able to secure rooms via the telephone without any problems. The sales department was extremely helpful and friendly. They were able to be competitive with the rates of lesser hotels and went out of their way to make sure we had newly updated rooms. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent and courteous. Even after a small time there they knew us all by name.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Darrell B
Evie N, Front Office Manager at Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is always nice to hear that our extended stay guests have enjoyed their stay. I know it is hard to be away from home and family for extended periods of time and we do our best to make you feel at home.
We hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

This property is under renovation. My room was still waiting its turn. There were holes in the shades, the carpet was badly stained as was the upholstered furniture. The beds were clean, but the bathroom was too deteriorated to be thoroughly cleaned. There were insufficient electrical outlets. There is free wifi.
The layout of this facility is bizarre, with multiple buildings joined by long corridors. From certain rooms it would be a very long slog to the restaurant and other facilities. A facelift would certainly be an improvement, but the architecture would stop me from booking this for any sort of convention, unless enough rooms close to main facilities could be guaranteed.

Room Tip: If you plan to use facilities such as business center, restaurant, etc. ask to see a map so you are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I stayed here on a Friday night so that I could enjoy the Hard Rock Rocksino in the area. There was a live band playing in the restaurant connected to the lobby, and I was given a free drink coupon when I checked in, so that was nice. The room was clean and what you can normally expect from a Choice Hotel, which to me is nothing fancy, but nice enough. My only issue was the walls were SO thin. I did not sleep well at all because I could hear every noise in the hall. The coupons that they give you for free breakfast in the morning are actually really nice because the buffet is at a restaurant so there are LOTS of options (French toast, breakfast wraps, etc.)! I stayed on the first floor so maybe try a different floor and see if the noise issue is better?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen C
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Not sure if this hotel was multiple hotels at one time but it's hard to find your way around. I could not tell if the hotel was partially remodelled because my bathroom was presentable but the rest of the room was sub par. I was to have a non smoking room but when I entered my 1st room, the stale smoke slapped me in the face! They transfered me to another room that had a musty smell but not so much of smoke. I do have to mention though the bed was very comfortable and clean.
They have weddings and such on the weekend so be prepared for loud noise and drunks walking the halls. The girls at the front desk were not service friendly. They do offer free WiFi but it's very slow. We had the breakfast buffet for breakfast each morning but it did not have many selections. Quality of the food was OK. Had dinner at the bar one evening and while it took a long time to get our food (Hamburger), it was actually very good.

Room Tip: Wierd thing when arriving at the hotel, you actually drive in off the street to the back of the hote...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We've had our holiday party at the Clarion Inn for a few years now and we have never had a bad experience. Our most recent party was Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013 and we all had a great time. The food was excellent, our room was decorated very nice and the staff was great. Easy to work with.
Thank you Everyone at the Clarion Inn for a great holiday party!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joyce A
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I was the liaison for a women's retreat we had at this hotel over the weekend of October 11-13, 2013. The customer service was very timely and was provided above and beyond. I would like to especially commend Debbie Sankoe, one of the sales reps, Preston, one of the weekend managers, and especially, the extra care that was provided by housekeepers, Bryan and Chris.
There professional greetings and extraordinary assistance that they provided to one of our participants that was wheel-chair bound. Our group has used this facility for more than 10 years because we have consistently been accommodated well. We also enjoyed the Jacuzzi and suite that we used while we were there. THANKS TO THE CLARION INN STAFF FOR A WELL-ENJOYED WEEKEND IN OCTOBER 2013! --A satisfied event liaison.

Room Tip: Chose a suite, but not during the 1st weekend of October, I want to have one then (-:
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
#2 of 3 in Twinsburg
Hampton Inn Stow
Hampton Inn Stow
#1 of 5 in Stow

Been to Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center? Share your experiences!