Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center
US$123
US$76
US$116
Priceline
All reviewsthe ohio turnpiketruck parkinghalfway pointwould stay here againindoor poolfront desk staff was very friendlybed was comfortablefree breakfastnice roominterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Nice clean rooms. Pool is gorgeous also. I liked everything about the hotel. The only thing that could be upgraded would be the breakfast in the morning. They call it a deluxe breakfast...however,they don't give you any meat like sausage or bacon. Just a minor complaint,but overall I loved the hotel and would definitely stay again!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last night. Overall I was impressed by it, my room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was decent. I forgot my swimsuit, or else I would have loved swimming in their swimming pool. If I need a motel in the area again I will stay here.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Last year when I stayed here, they were starting major renovations, this year they are mostly complete. Room price is slightly above average for this type of motel. Breakfast is better than most and there is a restaurant on site which is nice if you don't feel like driving after you have checked in, although the menu is limited and the food is average. They are pet friendly, but charge $10 per pet per night, which I think is excessive. I agree with a previous review about highway changes making the GPS location inaccurate.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Susan F
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Mistake was made by hotel check-in clerk by booking us into a room Friday night when we were very clear were would like a room Saturday. Molly told us we can check in early possibly but to call at 10:30 to see if our room was available Saturday morning. When we called in Saturday morning we were informed we were in default and were to check in Friday which we vehemently denied and argued. The clerk Ashley said she would get the manager. The manager gave us a credit that we received Saturday night. While we were eating our rib eye steaks in their sports bar across from hotel check in my husband found that American Express charged us a $230 fee hold for the mistaken Friday reservation and then another $220 for Saturday intended reservation. Then they charged our Saturday night room fee. The front desk explained we would get the withheld $440 back within seven days. Ok we are fine at this point. Front desk was comforting by saying the money should be credited to our account within two weeks. Went to our room to sleep. Got a call from an older woman claiming to be the manager, waking us up and calling us abusive. We will NEVER come back here.

Room Tip: Fairly clean rooms but mistakes and accusations. Will never come back here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie012990
Evie N, Front Office Manager at Norwood Inn Hudson Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Again, we apologize for the error on your reservation. Our concern in contacting you in your room is that there was a hold on your credit card account that we wanted to try to rectify.

Our front desk representative was almost in tears about disappointing you and not making your stay a pleasant one.

We would like to offer you a 1 night complimentary stay. Please call me at 330-653-9191 when you would like to set it up.
\
Again our deepest apologies.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Apparently the highways and junctions in this area have been reconfigured; both my GPS navigator and my back-up printed directions got it wrong and it was a bit confusing to get to the hotel entrance. Tip: Some map programs consider this address to be in Boston Heights rather than Hudson. Travelers coming from westbound I-80 should exit towards Rt 8 south instead of north, and follow signs towards Boston Mills Road/Hines Hill Road to get to Dean Memorial Pkwy.

On arrival, I was told that all the rooms in which they allow pets were booked. They said they are renovating the rooms and pets are not allowed in the new rooms. They did allow me to have a dog in my room which was not a designated pet room, but had not yet been renovated. I appreciate that they worked with me; on the other hand, I wonder whether the hotel will still be pet-friendly once all the rooms have been refreshed.

My room needed to be refreshed, but was otherwise fine; clean, and everything worked as expected. Bed and bath linens average; not luxurious, but not overly thin or scratchy.

All the staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet had a reasonable selection and the eggs, bacon, and potatoes I had were fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo