“Place has got class, take your grain of salt with these harsh reviews” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wine Bar at Solaire

Wine Bar at Solaire
Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hudson, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Place has got class, take your grain of salt with these harsh reviews”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I arrived with my wife and daughter before they were closing and was instantly greeted like an old friend. The atmosphere was warm and classy, and my filet was cooked flawlessly. I read the prior negative reviews and had to laugh. This was a great place to spend my evening, and the wine selection was excellent and I loved the wine storage design, so neat to have it the way they do, so you can see what bottle you're getting behind the glass.

Trust me and take these nasty reviews with a grain of salt, some people are impossible to please(and they seem to have bad experiences at multiple restaurants, I wonder why?)
My daughter is a le cordon bleu graduate and loved her chicken dish, these penny pinchers wouldn't know fine dining from a burger joint.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank JohnW1954

Hudson, Ohio
“Rip-Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very DISAPPOINTING!! I wanted to throw a private event and the owner was very interested in helping me make it very "cost effective" according to his words. I thought that I found a good place and didn't know why it got some bad reviews. After discussing what would be served and more details about the party, he was very rude and said that "they are very flexible" but I was wrong. He increased his prices dramatically on plate per person. This did not include the 20% gratuity and the taxes. He even raised his regular menu prices for my event and said that I had to guarantee him a certain amount of money that would be generated for the party. His service sucked and clearly it was all about him instead of making the party special for the guests.

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank AnonYmous6889
Cleveland, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Date Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I took my fiance' to The Wine Bar at Solaire for dinner a few days ago. I found out about it from a friend. It was a really cool place and she loved all the wine choices. I don't know much about wine but our waitress was very knowledgeable and helped us choose a bottle. There is also a full bar, which we ended up deciding to sit at after dinner. Dinner was awesome. We started with the bruschetta appetizer, she got the special which was cod with a lobster sauce and I got the rack of lamb. We ended up staying pretty late talking to the bar tender who was great and really knew what he was doing behind the bar. He made us a few drinks we had never had and it was cool to hear the story behind a new drink. The staff didn't make us feel like we were keeping them there after hours. We felt very welcome. I would recommend this place as a great date spot or to grab drinks with friends after work.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Michael L
Cleveland, Ohio
“Yummy good and great place for a date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I love this cozy little place! Great foods and drinks, very helpful owners and servers. So many wonderful wines and beers to choose from! Perfect for a date night and night out

• Visited March 2014
Ashland, Ohio
“Excellent Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Small but excellent wine bar with restaurant. Enjoyed appetizers and wine. Great service. Recommend!

Visited October 2013