“Trip for the kids”

Comfort Inn River's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Reviewed 5 November 2013

From NY took a ride to Cedar Point and the Amish Country. This hotel was located in a nice little town. Clean room, fridge, microwave. Comfortable beds. Basically all things someone else would want while away. Fairly remolded rooms..just a tad disappointed in the continental breakfast ..too crowded,,not enough food to go around and did care to wait for them to refill the trays.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 October 2013

PROS: The View of the river. Attractive decor. The beds and pillows are very comfy. . Having a frig and micro is always appreciated. Clean pool. CONS: small rooms, tv's and bathrooms. duvets were too heavy for warm fall weather. Awful coffee/breakfast ( fake eggs, fatty sausage). I choose hotels with breakfast because they usually have good coffee and real half and half ( I hate powdered creamer) - not here! Had to go out to McDonalds' for coffee. Exterior needs cleaning - by pool sliders - leaves, and behind bldg - a lot of feathers Pool room was very hot and humid. Pool water was ice cold.

Room Tip: We were assigned a first floor, would have preferred 2nd or higher. Choose River view .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

A good Priceline deal for me and my husband! Everything looked nice and updated, comfortable beds and pillows. Always love the mini fridge and microwave in the room. The only things I didn't care for: I don't like the sink in the same room as the toilet at a hotel, the only ice machine we knew of was on the 1st floor, breakfast was just... ok. I was grateful for the free continental breakfast but the scrambled eggs from a powder and the creepy sausage... eh, you get what you pay for (ha!). I really did like the strawberry flavored waffle batter (that was a 1st for me and it was pretty good).

One strange thing that happened - the friendly night desk attendant when we checked in told us we could buy Cedar Point tix at the front desk with no problem. However, the morning desk attendant said that the hotel never does that and told us to go to the local library... hmmm...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Good deal for the price. We stayed overnight on a road trip to Cedar Point. Room was clean and nicely done in the recent renovation. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good for a continental breakfast. Only issue was the abundance of feathers and bird droppings on the outside of the hotel. Needs to be cleaned more often. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I enjoyed my stay here, the only thing missing was a gym, however there is a nice trail by the river for a morning run. Breakfast was excellent, and there is hardly any noise at night. I would consider staying here if I'm ever in the area again. Thank you

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My sister and family spent the weekend here. On the 2nd night upon returning from Cedar Point they found the room had not been cleaned. She complained to the front desk and was told the manager would be in the next day to talk to her about it. The manager Angie was very professional and handled the matter expeditiously. It was a good stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marla H
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We (2 adults, 2 children) stayed here the night before heading to Cedar Point (about 15-20 min away). Upon checking in, Jeanette was very nice. We booked through Priceline's Name Your Own Price (see below), so we didn't know what type of accommodation until we got there. The hotel looks like it's been newly remodeled, so that was a plus. Our room looked nice. It had two double beds, a mini fridge and mini microwave. We didn't use it, but in the closet was a very large floor safe. The beds were comfortable, although for just remodeling it would have been nice to have had queen beds.

After getting luggage to our room, we went for a walk along the river. The restaurant/bar right next door looked nice and if we had gotten to the hotel earlier than 7:30pm, we probably would have stopped in for a couple drinks. They have bar and seating area right out by the water and had live music. There's also a bowling alley kitty corner from the hotel.

In the room the heating/cooling unit was new and was very quiet. It had setting for heating, cooling and a setting to have the fan constantly on or auto. I had the fan on the on position to drown out noise, but was still awaken by very loud banging what sounded like garbage being emptied at around 2:40am. Then when trying to fall back to sleep there was a couple trains and a boat. The only other downfall was that the bathroom fan was extremely loud.

I booked this room through Priceline's Name Your Own Price and actually ended up paying $10 more for the room than had I made the reservation directly through the hotel or through Pricelines direct hotel booking feature. All that Priceline could tell me was that they had no control over what type of room the hotel gave us and offered $25 off a next booking only to find out it's five $5 vouchers.When we checked in Since the hotel was not close to being full (looked maybe 30%), I asked Jeanette if we could have a King room with sofa bed. She told me that although that type of room is available, the rooms that they contract with their third parties are the two double bed, parking lot view rooms, so that's the only room she could give me.

The only good thing with booking with Priceline's Name Your Own Price is that we stayed at this hotel and would more than likely stay hear again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 34 in Sandusky

Been to Comfort Inn River's Edge? Share your experiences!