“Wonderful Stay!!”

Comfort Inn River's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had a WONDERFUL stay at this hotel during our recent visit to Ohio. Manager Angie Payne and staff went above and beyond to make our stay most comfortable and pleasant. Will book there again for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank You!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very well managed and maintained. Very comfortable. Staff (all of them) extremely helpful. I've stayed at over a thousand motels, and this is one of the most pleasant experiences I've had. Special praise goes to Angie at the front desk, who was exceptionally good. If you're reading this, Mr. Manager, please give her a raise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and the Breakfast was great. The Staff was professional and courteous. Both Angie the Manager and Lynn the Night Girl were extremely helpful and accomadating. I could not have asked for better service!! I will definitely be staying here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently booked a room there on Saturday May 10th, 2014. My sons prom....we booked a room near after prom for his convenience. My friend and I had not been in the room all day due to exploring, eating, walking around. After being tired, we went up in the room to relax and watch tv. We were in the room for 5 minutes (while sitting on the bed) and 2...TWO...bed bugs were on my clothes! I had to quickly change clothes, put exposed clothes in a plastic bag, and pack up to leave and find a different hotel. It was midnight!! I was not happy!!! I went down, with the bed bugs in a tissue and put them on the counter for the front desk to see. She couldn't even look at me, refunded my money and we left to find a new hotel in Sandusky. Here I was, at midnight, trying to find a different hotel, meanwhile my son was on his way back from prom and did not have a hotel to meet us at. This is the whole point of why I got a room in the first place! I called and spoke with the hotel, but not to my surprise, all she said was sorry. Thanks Angie Payne. Ok...you refunded my money, EXPECTED....CLEARLY!! But to inconvenience my family and effect our plans in so many negative ways, shame on you for not doing more!!! You should have picked up my bill for the new, cleaner, more caring and concerned hotel, along with the gas money I had to use up in the middle of the night to search for a new hotel, in an area I was not familiar with. Yes, I will spread the word on the bed bug issue regarding your hotel, room 305. Sad!! The new hotel felt so bad for us she gave us a discount! Thank you Best Western Plus in Sandusky for being so concerned about us in the middle of the night! They took care of us!

Room Tip: Look for bed bugs!!
2  Thank rkturner
Angie P, Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent hotel. recommend it to everyone. Hotel manager is the best. Made sure my stay was perfect. You can't go wrong with location, view, cleanliness of hotel. Anyone who chooses this hotel will feel right at home.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Mr. Snyder,

Reviewed 5 November 2013

From NY took a ride to Cedar Point and the Amish Country. This hotel was located in a nice little town. Clean room, fridge, microwave. Comfortable beds. Basically all things someone else would want while away. Fairly remolded rooms..just a tad disappointed in the continental breakfast ..too crowded,,not enough food to go around and did care to wait for them to refill the trays.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

PROS: The View of the river. Attractive decor. The beds and pillows are very comfy. . Having a frig and micro is always appreciated. Clean pool. CONS: small rooms, tv's and bathrooms. duvets were too heavy for warm fall weather. Awful coffee/breakfast ( fake eggs, fatty sausage). I choose hotels with breakfast because they usually have good coffee and real half and half ( I hate powdered creamer) - not here! Had to go out to McDonalds' for coffee. Exterior needs cleaning - by pool sliders - leaves, and behind bldg - a lot of feathers Pool room was very hot and humid. Pool water was ice cold.

Room Tip: We were assigned a first floor, would have preferred 2nd or higher. Choose River view .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Comfort Inn Sandusky
Comfort Inn Sandusky
#7 of 35 in Sandusky
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Vermillion
Cedar Point's Express Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn River's Edge? Share your experiences!