“Not worth the price”

Comfort Inn River's Edge
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Upon check-in, we noticed a used bar of soap in the shower, used cup in the bathroom and hair and stains all over the sheets that appeared to not have been changed since the last people left. So gross, so after I threw out the used items, I called down to get new sheets. The woman that brought them up agreed that it was gross and apologized like crazy. She told us she was making a list of everything that was not done to leave at the desk and suggested that we tell the manager the next morning. While checking out, the manager asked how our stay was. I said "it was alright" so she asked me if there was anything wrong. I ran down the list of what we had experienced, and she asked me three times "was it taken care of immediately?" Yes, because I took care of throwing out the used items myself. Never once did she offer an apology. As a manager, the least she could do was say sorry.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We originally stayed at Sandcastle Suites on the Cedar Point property, but had to move due to a water main break. My daughter was playing in a soccer tournament, so I did not wish to return home. After over an hour on the internet and phone calls, my friends had found a hotel in Elyria. I looked it up on Tripadvisor, and found the majority of reviews were terrible. Thank goodness I read that! They told the lady from Expedia to nevermind as I continued to search on Tripadvisor. Imagine my delight when I found we could book rooms here directly through the app! (They were showing sold out with Orbitz, Expedia and Comfort Inn's website.) The reservations were made and confirmed in less than 5 minutes. I was a little nervous driving here because it seemed to be a neighborhood, but was pleasantly surprised to find not only the hotel, but restaurants, a bowling alley, marina and lighthouse access. The desk clerks were models of great customer service & even called to check on our satisfaction with the room. The room is spacious, clean and very comfortable. My daughters requested to take the beds, pillows and housekeepers home with us! We had a great night's sleep even though we were right by the pool and stairwell. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic for a comp & the staff was again very friendly and helpful. I would stay at this location again without hesitation! Well done!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had a WONDERFUL stay at this hotel during our recent visit to Ohio. Manager Angie Payne and staff went above and beyond to make our stay most comfortable and pleasant. Will book there again for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank You!!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very well managed and maintained. Very comfortable. Staff (all of them) extremely helpful. I've stayed at over a thousand motels, and this is one of the most pleasant experiences I've had. Special praise goes to Angie at the front desk, who was exceptionally good. If you're reading this, Mr. Manager, please give her a raise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable and the Breakfast was great. The Staff was professional and courteous. Both Angie the Manager and Lynn the Night Girl were extremely helpful and accomadating. I could not have asked for better service!! I will definitely be staying here again and again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you very much! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently booked a room there on Saturday May 10th, 2014. My sons prom....we booked a room near after prom for his convenience. My friend and I had not been in the room all day due to exploring, eating, walking around. After being tired, we went up in the room to relax and watch tv. We were in the room for 5 minutes (while sitting on the bed) and 2...TWO...bed bugs were on my clothes! I had to quickly change clothes, put exposed clothes in a plastic bag, and pack up to leave and find a different hotel. It was midnight!! I was not happy!!! I went down, with the bed bugs in a tissue and put them on the counter for the front desk to see. She couldn't even look at me, refunded my money and we left to find a new hotel in Sandusky. Here I was, at midnight, trying to find a different hotel, meanwhile my son was on his way back from prom and did not have a hotel to meet us at. This is the whole point of why I got a room in the first place! I called and spoke with the hotel, but not to my surprise, all she said was sorry. Thanks Angie Payne. Ok...you refunded my money, EXPECTED....CLEARLY!! But to inconvenience my family and effect our plans in so many negative ways, shame on you for not doing more!!! You should have picked up my bill for the new, cleaner, more caring and concerned hotel, along with the gas money I had to use up in the middle of the night to search for a new hotel, in an area I was not familiar with. Yes, I will spread the word on the bed bug issue regarding your hotel, room 305. Sad!! The new hotel felt so bad for us she gave us a discount! Thank you Best Western Plus in Sandusky for being so concerned about us in the middle of the night! They took care of us!

Room Tip: Look for bed bugs!!
2  Thank rkturner
Angie P, Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Excellent hotel. recommend it to everyone. Hotel manager is the best. Made sure my stay was perfect. You can't go wrong with location, view, cleanliness of hotel. Anyone who chooses this hotel will feel right at home.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Angie P, General Manager at Comfort Inn River's Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Mr. Snyder,

419-433-8000

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 34 in Sandusky
Maui Sands Resort & Indoor Waterpark
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Sandusky South, OH

Been to Comfort Inn River's Edge? Share your experiences!