Comfort Inn River's Edge
US$132
  • Pool
US$113
US$65
Gull Motel Huron(Huron)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$143
US$126
Hampton.com
US$96
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe riverbowling alleycedar pointnice hotelhotel is locatedright next doorbait shopeating placesroom was cleanwafflesrestaurant barquiet locationindoor poolquaint townone night staywould stay againhotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this hotel because we were going to Cedar Point and wanted to make a weekend of it. We loved that when we arrived there was a classic car show next door. The river walk was so cool and we enjoyed watching the boats on the river. The hotel was very clean and the beds were so comfy. We wil definately be back here!

Room Tip: We had a street view but I am sure a river view would have been lovely. Any room is a nice place to rest your head.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

What a great surprise! I really like "fancy" hotels and wasn't too excited about staying in a Comfort Inn, but I'm so glad we went.

I'll start with the "pros". 1. LOCATION. The location of this hotel is wonderful, right on the river and within easy walking distance to the lighthouse, a bowling alley, an outdoor bar/grille, and the Huron Marina. We really enjoyed being able to walk around in the evening instead of just hanging out in the room. And in the morning, it was great to be able to walk down to the marina and look at the boats, and enjoy the sunrise. 2. ROOM. Our room appeared to be recently updated, with new carpet, bedding, and granite counter top in the bathroom. It felt very clean. Beds were comfortable and I loved the pillows (2 per person, very nice). Next time, I would ask for a room on the river side. Parking was easy and convenient. 3. HOTEL BAR. The outdoor bar & grille was a great surprise. My burger was soooo good, and it was cool to sit right next to the river and watch the boats. They have live music on the weekends (we went early with the kids, but it looked busy when we walked by later in the evening (after bowling).

And the "cons". 1. POOL. The pool water looked dirty (couldn't see the bottom) and my kids thought it was gross. The size of the pool was good, but it needs to be maintained. And the 2nd con would be the breakfast. Since it's included (which is not "free", just included in the price paid) so I didn't expect too much, but it was very average. The breakfast room itself was clean and pretty nice, and we ate before 8am so there wasn't a crowd, but the food was lacking.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel for a nice stay in Huron.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side.
3  Thank annc123
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Big rooms, clean, and friendly staff. Beds were comfy. Breakfast was good. Eggs/sausage, donuts, cereal, waffles and breads. Only complaint I really had was the pool was ice cold, and the wifi didn't work very well in the rooms. It rained so we didn't get to walk down by the river, but it looks beautiful and right down the road there is a little path to a light house. Would stay again if back in the area.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed over fourth of July weekend, the reason for the 3 rating on value, this is not a 5 star comfort Inn, therefore the rate should be reflective of that, $121 per night on Thursday and $185
per night on Friday and Saturday? Come on. We asked on our reservation and also at check in for a cot, we have 3 kids 9,5,2, two doubles won't work. Well at check in on Thursday they said it will be up there in your room this evening, this was at 3pm. When we got back to our room from running around there was no cot. How do you put 3 kids in a double bed? So, at 10pm they said "we'll be right up there as soon as we grab one" they never came, St midnight my husband was annoyed and called, they said we can't find one, but we will get you one for tomorrow. Second morning there, he went straight down to the desk, told them, the overnight was miserable, we need a cot had requested one at check in and on our reservation. They say, no problem, with people checking out we will have it up there today. Fine. We'll guess what.... No cot no Apologies, they don't care. The breakfast room was so packed each day we couldn't get in there at 8:30 am both mornings. The staff seemed to look at us like we were crazy taking 3 kids into the crowded room, one lady even said to me it may be difficult for you to maneuver in here with kids" are you serious? So do kids just go hungry? I'm pretty intolerable when it comes to family's traveling with kids and people not be accommodating. I'm pretty sure that dynamic is what keeps people on business. Overall, decent comfort Inn, recently renovated, double beds are not my choice, the room had everything we needed. The staff seemed to care less what you said or did and didn't really go out of their way to greet you or offer a cheerful howdy, hello or goodnight, I don't know, maybe it's just me, at $200 per night it's expected.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mrfuji08
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a place to stay away from busy traffic, then this is the spot for you. We stayed there for two nights on our recent trip to the area and found it to be very nice. Located on a side street along the river gets you away from the common street noise that can be heard at other hotels. The staff was very nice and we found the rooms to be on pace with other hotels in the same price range. Hot breakfast was served from 6-10 and kept stocked right up to the very end. Because your in a neighborhood setting there are none of your common eating places but a handful of local places that offered good food. If you must eat at a chain location then they are only about 15 minutes away. If you love to fish then bring your poles because the hotel is less than 20' from the river.

Stayed: August 2014