“Great breakfast. Friendly staff. ”
Review of Lemmy's Eatery

Lemmy's Eatery
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Huron
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood
Atlanta
“Great breakfast. Friendly staff. ”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Doesn't look like much from the outside but this is so much better than the chains. We ate here twice while visiting Cedar Point. Good Midwestern fare. Hash browns are great. Staff was very pleasant. Good sized portions. Why don't you drive by Bob Evans and taste some real "down on the farm" cooking?

Dallas, Texas
“Dont judge by the outside, go in and have really good food.”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Went in for breakfast. Does not look like much from the outside, but the Gila omlete was very good. Will go here again whenever I'm in town.

• Visited May 2014
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Lake Erie Yellow Perch or Walleye meals.”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Fantastic as not one bone was found in our regional fish meal.. The black bean burger sandwich must be tried also. The coffe was outstanding as was the service and cleanliness. What a nice experience. The menu is varied if you're not into fish. Lemmys eatery is about the lake ness type legend encountered tongue in cheek so to speak.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bill W
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a sleeper!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After years of passing by this little restaraunt on our annual trek to Huron and "the lake," we finally decided to give it a try. What a pleasant surprise! It doesn't inspire great confidence from the road, but don't judge the book by it's cover! Inside is a clean, cozy little family place with lots of whimsical knick knacks depicting LEMmy - the legendary Lake Erie Monster! There are even brochures on all of the tables detailing the history of the sea serpent along with the claim that he is still alive and well in their basement! We went there for breakfast which they serve until late and it was very good. Their speciality is the perch and they even have a perch omelet! Julie, our waitress, was very friendly and even brought us a couple of pieces of the perch to sample, since we chose more traditional breakfast items. The owner came out and chatted with us for awhile too. All in all, we had a nice meal in a nice place and it was so good, we had another lunch there when we left after our long weekend! The moral of the story is, when you see that freindly smiling green sea serpent on the side of the little cafe on route 6 - don't just drive by. Stop in for a good meal!

• Visited March 2014
Huron, Ohio
“Was it perch or was it Lemmy?”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I like to frequent local eateries and have eaten in at Lemmy's a few times in the past. Our experience with the wait staff has been poor though the food is usually good. The main waitress has been rude and unhelpful at each visit. We decided to get take out for Lent because one of their specialties is perch. When we had the food shortly after getting home it was rubbery with hard ends and the fries were dry. I called the restaurant and the person answering the phone basically told me that it was my fault because perch can not be heated up; it must be eaten immediately. If this is the case, then I am not sure why they allow take out. She told me if I came back in they would give me a few pieces of fish. I went back the next day and the owner again blamed me for "nuking" the meal (which I did not do - I heated it in the oven covered in tin foil for just a few minutes) and did only give me the fish. My husband did not eat his until several hours after bringing it home, heated it IN THE OVEN and it was fine. The first order was obviously over fried. I would think that good customer service would consist of apologizing for the customer's unhappiness and offering a full replacement meal. The poor customer service from the owner on down will keep me from coming back or recommending them - I can get a fish dinner at the VFW that I can actually take home and reheat and the people there will probably be a lot more friendly.

Visited March 2014