“"Could have sworn I was at the Ocean"”
Review of Nickel Plate Beach

Nickel Plate Beach
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Huron
New Philadelphia, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"Could have sworn I was at the Ocean"”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I visited Nickel Plate Beach for the first time this last week and was surprised by how much it felt like I was standing on a beach in California again. Had i been blindfolded and taken there i would have sworn i was at the ocean. It was breathtaking! They have a nice playground area for young children to play and it was not over crowded. It was later in the day when we arrived so we didn't have to pay the parking fee. The only draw back to this beach that i could see was the dead fish! However as i continued my vacation i found that this is a problem all along Erie Lake. I would recommend this beach as it is beautiful despite the dead fish.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank psalms3115

Candler, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“beautiful place to go”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

me and my family and kids went there and it was so fun, it nice to just find a spot and listen to the waves or just relax and enjoy family time, swimming was nice, had great views loved watching the boats and the view was breathtaking, very peaceful and relaxing there is nothing like it, the 5 dollar parking fee isnt even that bad either just to enjoy a little slice of heaven for a while.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank sassypants86
Mansfield, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic beach”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

i was there in tne 2013 summer...i recently moved t ohio then and i loved it quiet, beautiful, and extremely peaceful. not over crowd and there is restaurants close by for food in less than 5 min ride. the only negative is the portable potties...but it beats the woods. and they where keep clean. when i visited...ty for the great memories among friends. my kids enjoy the play area and other families where enjoying the volleyball nets, floting devices and swimming. 5 dollar parking fee and i didnt notice a lifeguard on duty but it was nice and quiet day at the lake....

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Cruz M
Huron, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best place to swim in Huron”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

You have to pay to park. I think that's great if they put the money back into the beach.. But when we went there were lots of sticks and it wasn't very clean.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank nichole w
Ohio
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Photo opps”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I like to duck in here towards sunset and take photographs. I've never had to pay to park, but I'm never there during the heat of the day. It's a scenic little spot off the main road.

Visited October 2013