“Got the job done.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Alexandria
“Got the job done.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

OK place, near busy rail line. Cedar Point not far away, right next to Route 2. Clean room, but there was a spider in the bathroom. Dining choices immediately nearby limited to fast food, but if you have a car, other options available as you head towards Sandusky and/or Cedar Point.

Room Tip: If you want to have a good view of the Norfolk Southern Chicago Line, ask for an odd numbered room o...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Drawbar4935
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at my property. Yes we are just a few short minutes drive from Sandusky, but just down the road from restaurants, shopping and only five miles from Cedar Point If you are in the area again I hope you decide to stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I haven't had many experiences with Motel 6 that would rate as "Excellent." Or even "Very Good." But this one surprised me so I'm giving it a Good+/Very Good-. We had a large suite-type room on the top floor that served our purposes well. Rooms were decently clean. Nice island separating two sleeping areas where we ate breakfast was very helpful. Carpet in the stairways and the public areas in general were not so clean, so no "Very Good." But still respectable. An easy 10 minute drive to Cedar Point will save you at least $100 vs. what you will pay for a hotel there. And chances are, you will be doing something other than lounging in your hotel all day anyway. So why not? Arby's and Wendy's right at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at my property. We enjoy hearing all the different views of our hotel. That way we know what areas we are doing well in, and what areas we have some room for improvement. I'm glad that we were hopefully able to change your mind about our brand! We strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable experience! We hope that you come back and see us again if you are ever back in the area enjoying all the North Coast has to offer!
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I am currently staying at this property and am very pleased with my stay. All of the staff has treated me wonderfully and is very helpful. Emily, the head housekeeper was very accommodating when I asked for extra towels and blankets,she was immediately at my room with them. The front desk staff was very helpful at giving me directions to local attractions besides Cedar Point. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The location and pool are an added bonus. I recommend anyone looking for a cheap and clean hotel to stay come here first.

I had read quite a few of the reviews on here and was nervous about the train noise being bothersome and the trains do run quite often but I didn't really notice them that much. Just ask for a room near the end of the building.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train and you shouldn't really notice it unless the windows are ope...
1 Thank Chris S
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us! ! We strive to excel in customer service here and our hope is always that every guest that stays with us will have an enjoyable, relaxing experience. I hope to see you the next time you are back in the area!
Buffalo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

This overall experience was terrible.The a/c was extremely loud and inefficient.The a/c, window area and room was literally filthy dirty and I called the front desk about it. There was so much grime and dirt, etc. on the a/c filter/unit and the windowsill has cobwebs on it from neglect. The bed was fine, but sheets were stained.The bath towels were completely thread-less and like sandpaper.Then the 2nd day of our stay, there was no hot water, and we had to wait hours for it to work. The room walls must be paper thin, because we could hear our loud neighbors and could bearly sleep because of it. The common areas of this location were absolutly filthy as well.The lobby and elevator looked like it literally never got clean.This whole entire stay was a disaster and we would never use the Motel 6 brand again.I understand the "no frills" policy but the cleanliness is a whole different thing.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mel C
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at my property. I’m very disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been and you left feeling unsatisfied . I’m truly sorry and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will work to make sure the problems are addressed. Once again I apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I hope that you will give us another chance to prove to you that our hotel is much nicer than what you encountered.
Erie, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My nephews and I were looking for a cheaper place to stay for two nights while visiting Cedar Point before we checked into Kalahari and Motel 6 seemed to fit that bill. Not only was it super affordable but it exceeded every one of our expectations.

The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful during check in. The room itself was where we were blown away. For only $60 per night we had a room that gave us enough space for three men to lounge around and relax which was very surprising. The beds were comfortable, the fridge and microwave were very useful, no carpeting on the floor was a nice change from the usual “ugly motel” carpet people are used to, the little cushioned sitting area by the window was very comfortable and two tables with chairs gave us more than enough room. The ONLY thing I could complain about what that the water pressure was pretty weak. If I did not shave my head I would have had a hard time rinsing shampoo out of my hair. That though is a minor complaint.

The pool was very clean and a nice place to relax before hitting the park the next day. There is also a Wendy’s across the street and an Arby’s next door in case you need a late night snack.

This Motel 6 was my first experience with the brand and has now put it on the list of places I would gladly stay at again.

Room Tip: Get one with a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the positive review you left regarding your recent stay. I'm happy that we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit. We strive to offer a clean, comfortable room at a great price, and it seems that we are meeting those expectations! We love hearing all the feedback that we can get and use it to improve our property so that we can make everyone's experience a good one. We are looking forward to your return visit!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel met my expectations. I was looking for a decent, cheap, pet friendly hotel close to Cedar Point. The room was small but clean. It doesn't have any bells and whistles, but it had a decent bed, a tv, small table and chairs, closet, and a cute window seat. The shower was just hot, there didn't seem to be a way to make it less hot. The towels were thin but did the job. The bed just had 2 pillows and a thin blanket but was comfortable. We were right across from the elevator and didn't have an issue with noise. There is a train the runs really close and is very loud. I guess it doesn't run at night because I didn't have an issue with it waking me up. There's a pool and what looked like a hot tub, but I didn't get a chance to check it out. There were lots of pamphlets in the lobby and the clerks were helpful with any questions I had. They also have discount Cedar Point tickets available.
There's an arby's in the same parking lot and Wendy's across the street. A gas station and Burger King are just on the other side of the highway. Cedar point was about a 15 minute drive away as were other restaurants. There a few spots to get to the lake just a short drive away so don't forget to check that out too!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very kindly for your review regarding your recent stay with us! I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay. Our location is very convenient for finding spots to eat, and other activities to do while you are in town. We strive to have great customer service and to make all of our guest feel welcome during their stay with us. Again, thank you for all of your kind words!
Williston, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We want to be sure and acknowledge the above and beyond service our son received at the Motel 6 in Huron, Ohio. The manager on duty that night literally saved our son's cross-country trip.

Evidently, one of his friends shut the seatbelt in the door, causing the car light to be on all night, and inadvertently drained the battery. When the got up to leave the next morning, the battery was dead. The manager offered to jump start their car for them, and they were able to be on the road within a half hour. Thank you so much to that manager, and we hope he receives a special acknowledgement. Unfortunately they didn't get his name.

And for the record, the hotel was very nicely done, clean and welcoming. A great deal!

1 Thank Lisa B
Thank you very much for the kind words you left about our hotel. We love to hear about any experiences our guests may have had! We strive to excel in customer service and to help out in any way that we can. We understand how nerve racking it can be when you have car trouble so far away from home. I am glad that we were able to help them get back on the road to continue their cross-country trip! We are looking forward to seeing you again if you happen to pass through the area in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Quality Inn Cedar Point
#4 of 35 in Sandusky
Comfort Inn River's Edge
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central

Been to Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron? Share your experiences!