“Pleasantly Surprised”

Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Huron
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Certainly above average for a budget hotel. The property seems to have been recently refreshed, with small-ish but brightly decorated rooms. It is located next to a fairly busy freight rail line, but after spending an entire day at Cedar Point we had no issues getting a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should request a room facing away from the tracks.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nkidambi
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property. We strive to make every guests stay a positive one. We enjoy receiving any and all feedback about how we are doing, and its refreshing to hear that we are doing a good job. Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is a great economy hotel for visiting Cedar Point. The property is under 20 minutes from the Cedar Point peninsula, and has easy access to OH-2. The downside of the location is the proximity to some train tracks. There was a loud train (horn blaring) about every 30-60 minutes. The bed was very comfortable, and the flat screen TV had plenty of channels to choose from, and the picture was good. The bathroom laminate floor could have been swept better, and the towels could have been softer. Bring your own shampoo, they only provide bar soap. The biggest downside was that the door to the room was difficult to properly close, so the housekeeping staff failed to secure the door each day. We kept our valuables in the car for this reason, and due to the fact they charged to use the safe in the room. I would definitely stay here again, as the rates were really good for Sandusky, and there was nothing majorly wrong with the hotel. They even give you a paper outside your door each morning!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the road, as then you will not be on the same side as the train.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Travellover1869
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you very kindly for taking the time to share your review about your stay at our Motel 6. We value every response that we get from our guests. I'm sorry to hear that there were some issues with your door latch during your stay. I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

loved everything, the rates on the wknd are overpriced for i=being a motel 6 but on th wknds it well worth the 79. pool was clean , hallways clean but staff looked sloppy with iniforms all wrinkled looks like they slept on them and just came to work

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cami L
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thank you very kindly for your review regarding your recent stay with us! We strive to excel in customer service here and our hope is always that every guest that stays with us will have an enjoyable, relaxing experience. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again if ever travelling through the area!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

we had to have are house defled and got a room ther we have two cats they wre very helpful with that ,the rooms are great and the staff is great ,all i can say if you are around there it is the best place to go

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Frank H

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests. I'm glad that you found my staff to be welcoming!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

My family and I stayed here for Cedar Point's Halloweekend's and I'm so happy we decided on this hotel! The rooms, hallways, and lobby area looked recently updated and painted, and everything was sparkling! I am pretty picky when it comes to hotels, but this place was top notch and you can tell the staff do an amazing job to keep it so clean! They also have an indoor pool/whirlpool which isn't something you normally see at a Motel 6! The kids and I loved it, and we are totally returning next summer! Another bonus was the fee wifi! Usually at some hotels you have to pay for it, but not here! Also, the man at the front desk, I think his name was Joel, was the most friendly clerk I have EVER talked to at a hotel, and I stay at ALOT of hotels and we hope he is there when we return next year! He went out of our way late at night to supply us with extra towels, pillows, and soap. I am a bit of a night owl, so I was up and down most of the night running to the vending machines, and everytime I saw him he was cleaning something or mopping! Good for him, and the lobby was emaculate! Thank you Joel! Can't wait to come back many more times!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor near the pool!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ilovecedarpoint

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We love getting feedback from our guests. I share all of these reviews with the staff and it helps us continue to strive to do the best we can! I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

OK place, near busy rail line. Cedar Point not far away, right next to Route 2. Clean room, but there was a spider in the bathroom. Dining choices immediately nearby limited to fast food, but if you have a car, other options available as you head towards Sandusky and/or Cedar Point.

Room Tip: If you want to have a good view of the Norfolk Southern Chicago Line, ask for an odd numbered room o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Drawbar4935
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at my property. Yes we are just a few short minutes drive from Sandusky, but just down the road from restaurants, shopping and only five miles from Cedar Point If you are in the area again I hope you decide to stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I haven't had many experiences with Motel 6 that would rate as "Excellent." Or even "Very Good." But this one surprised me so I'm giving it a Good+/Very Good-. We had a large suite-type room on the top floor that served our purposes well. Rooms were decently clean. Nice island separating two sleeping areas where we ate breakfast was very helpful. Carpet in the stairways and the public areas in general were not so clean, so no "Very Good." But still respectable. An easy 10 minute drive to Cedar Point will save you at least $100 vs. what you will pay for a hotel there. And chances are, you will be doing something other than lounging in your hotel all day anyway. So why not? Arby's and Wendy's right at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Matt S, General Manager at Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at my property. We enjoy hearing all the different views of our hotel. That way we know what areas we are doing well in, and what areas we have some room for improvement. I'm glad that we were hopefully able to change your mind about our brand! We strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable experience! We hope that you come back and see us again if you are ever back in the area enjoying all the North Coast has to offer!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huron
Comfort Inn River's Edge
Quality Inn Cedar Point
Best Western Plus Sandusky Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sandusky
Super 8 Milan/Sandusky Area
5 mi away
La Quinta Inn Sandusky - Cedar Point

Been to Motel 6 Sandusky-Huron? Share your experiences!